View Poll Results: What pet do you have ?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog

82 55.41%
  • Cat

103 69.59%
  • Fish

7 4.73%
  • Bird

8 5.41%
  • Snake

3 2.03%
  • Ferret

2 1.35%
  • Rabbit

6 4.05%
  • Any critters not listed

13 8.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree565Likes

Thread: Pets

Buddy is sweet, too!! I love when they squint their eyes!

I'm worried about my cat! I've noticed for the past couple of days she will start wheezing/coughing shortly after eating. This first happened on Monday morning. I thought it was a hairball or something, but there was nothing. Then she was fine for the rest of the day; active, eating and drinking, using her box. Then it happened again in the middle of the night last night. She was eating (we let her graze all day) and then shortly after she finished started to cough. It lasts for about 10-20 seconds and then she is fine. I can't figure out what is wrong because it just started out of the blue and she doesn't display any other signs of a problem. My husband doesn't want to take her to the vet because he says I'm overreacting and she probably just swallowed wrong or something. But I don't see why she'd suddenly start doing that when it's never been an issue before.

Did you try other food or always the same one? Maybe some kind of a allergy?
    -

It's still the same food she's been eating since we got her. She was crying for more food early this afternoon, so I put a little bit in her bowl and mixed a little bit of hot water in with it to soften it, in case she's choking for some reason or getting crumbs stuck in her throat. She didn't have a problem. It's strange because it doesn't happen every time she eats, but when it does happen, it's only shortly after she's eaten.

I think I would show it a vet, too. If it's nothing, then you are at least sure it's nothing. But maybe she has something in her throat? Or maybe it's some kind of a sore throath.
    southernbelle likes this.
    -

She is back to normal today. I bought her some canned "hairball control" food last night and fed her half for dinner. She enjoyed it and ate the entire portion (normally she leaves some), so I gave her the other half for breakfast today. After breakfast, she took a nap with me (she likes to snuggle up next to me while I sleep), and then was happy and active all day and ate her lunch and dinner. Right now she's sleeping on the arm of my chair as I type this. I'm wondering if maybe she just had a hairball caught in her throat.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    She is back to normal today. I bought her some canned "hairball control" food last night and fed her half for dinner. She enjoyed it and ate the entire portion (normally she leaves some), so I gave her the other half for breakfast today. After breakfast, she took a nap with me (she likes to snuggle up next to me while I sleep), and then was happy and active all day and ate her lunch and dinner. Right now she's sleeping on the arm of my chair as I type this. I'm wondering if maybe she just had a hairball caught in her throat.
    Could just be the dry food sticking a little on her.

Elite Member

Well, thank god Frederick (aka IttyBit) is cute. He has started the annoying habit of grooming his humans. He makes his rounds, every morning at 4am sharp. He starts licking our hair, or in my case, sitting on my chest, and licking my face. At least I know he digs us, I just wishted he didn't like us at 4am.

^ Sounds like my ex boyfriend
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Southermbelle, I'm glad to hear your cat is back to normal. It's never an overreaction, when something is out of the ordinary. I don't like when people say "Cats get sick" sure they do, like we do. Only when something is wrong. Other than a hairball of course.
    southernbelle likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Glad your kitty is feeling better, Belle!

Boogs,...our cat, Gracey, does that, too. She wakes me up about 45 minutes BEFORE my alarm clock goes off every week day. Pawing at my head or sitting on my chest! It is funny though,....she never does it on Saturday or Sundays. I think she knows those are my only sleep in days. lol
    Last edited by JadeStar70; May 1st, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Well, thank god Frederick (aka IttyBit) is cute. He has started the annoying habit of grooming his humans. He makes his rounds, every morning at 4am sharp. He starts licking our hair, or in my case, sitting on my chest, and licking my face. At least I know he digs us, I just wishted he didn't like us at 4am.
    Alice grooms me when I come back from the hairdresser, especially if I've had my hair dyed. Quite funny!

Red face

My new babies Angus (the black and white) and Ripley (Yes he was named after the Alien character) They are Labradanes. We intended to only adopt one, but my Hubby fell in love with Angus. So we took two. Our girl Raven accepted them right away and plays in the kiddie pool with them and hovers over them like a worried Mama. She is only 8 months herself, but her Mama instincts kicked in to high drive. Here is thier sad story:

Randall Clague was returning from a late dinner at Denny's in Mojave, CA, something not uncommon to rocketeers in the Mojave desert. What caught his eye was completely out of place.

A female dog was sitting on the side of the road next to a cardboard box just outside the Camelot residential area of Mojave.
    Over the next 6+ hours Randall worked to gain the Mother dog's trust, no easy matter as she'd been dumped along with 11, week old squirming, hungry puppies wanting out of that cardboard box.
    Eventually Randall gave her safe haven, water and food, and looked after the Momma and puppies while Denise Pouchet was working behind the scenes from Burbank, CA to send out the call that help was needed and fast!

Wayne and Ann Nosala answered that call and offered their home outside Mojave to foster all 11 puppies and Rosie, as she was soon named.

These Saints saved these babies from certian death. The hot ass Mojave would have claimed all of the week old babies within the day. I'm happy to say that all of the puppies were snatched up withn a week and a half (stayed with foster mama till they were ready to go to thier forever homes) and Mama Rosie....well her foster parents fell completely in love with her, and kept her.

Mama and her 11 babies when they first got to the foster home:

When they first met thier big sister Raven (our other rescue)

No longer my couch lolol

My boy Ripley

My Hubby's Boy Angus..aka Moo

ZzZzZz

Oh and my cat Jinx..This is his attitude right how:

Thanx for peepin my new babies.
    Your penis is NOTHING to brag about! Is it normal for a penis to smell like corn chips?" Lark Voorhees

They are freaking adorable! I can so see a cat reacting like that too lol
    Honeythorn likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Thanks!!! You have to be a special kind of evil to dump helpless week old puppies (they were in a small bankers box) and thier Mom on the curb. Foster Mom said that the mother had been well taken care of. Her teeth were perfection. These two have been such a joy. Being Labradanes, they are gonna be big monsters when full grown. The black and white has more Dane in him and he is the bigger of the two. I can't wait to take them out to the lake!
    shedevilang and McJag like this.
    Your penis is NOTHING to brag about! Is it normal for a penis to smell like corn chips?" Lark Voorhees

Thread Information