View Poll Results: What pet do you have ?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog

82 55.41%
  • Cat

103 69.59%
  • Fish

7 4.73%
  • Bird

8 5.41%
  • Snake

3 2.03%
  • Ferret

2 1.35%
  • Rabbit

6 4.05%
  • Any critters not listed

13 8.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree565Likes

Thread: Pets

Thanks. I saw her and I just fell in love. Her name is Kelsie and she's about 9 years old. I don't know much about her, I got her from the SPCA and they just said her previous owners were negligent. Despite her age, she acts more like a kitten and loves to play. At the SPCA they told me that she didn't really like to be touched too much or for too long, but since I took her home, she hasn't left my side/lap. I like to think its because she knows she's home.
    Quazar, HWBL, Brookie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    Thanks. I saw her and I just fell in love. Her name is Kelsie and she's about 9 years old. I don't know much about her, I got her from the SPCA and they just said her previous owners were negligent. Despite her age, she acts more like a kitten and loves to play. At the SPCA they told me that she didn't really like to be touched too much or for too long, but since I took her home, she hasn't left my side/lap. I like to think its because she knows she's home.
    Thank you for saving an older cat. She is gorgeous. Many more happy years with her.
    JerriBlank and southernbelle like this.

fgg

jerri - such a pretty kitty!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Jerri - beautiful! Reminds me of my late kitty Punkin. Enjoy her!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bronze Member

I only have a cat. He is one year old and very naughty and loves people

I put a memory foam mat in front of my cat's food and water bowls so she doesn't have to stand on the cold, hard tiles. She LOVES it. She kneads her paws on it and fastidiously cleans it on a regular basis, brushing away any crumbs or dirt. Sometimes she will just go stand or sit on it, even if she's not eating.
    Icepik, yanna and Quazar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I put a memory foam mat in front of my cat's food and water bowls so she doesn't have to stand on the cold, hard tiles. She LOVES it. She kneads her paws on it and fastidiously cleans it on a regular basis, brushing away any crumbs or dirt. Sometimes she will just go stand or sit on it, even if she's not eating.
    I have one in front of the kitchen sink & my little doggy loves it for naps. It is hard to work around him when I need to get water!
    southernbelle likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Love all the pictures and stories! I have a 6 year old male German Shepherd/Husky mix and am adopting a 3 year old female German Shepherd from a rescue this weekend. I can't wait for my boy to have a play mate!

We got a Russian Blue from a breeder a week and a half ago, when she was 12 weeks.

This is a few weeks after she was born. The breeder sent us photo updates.

Lyla at 12 weeks.

Just this past weekend, my fiance and I got Lyla a playmate and sister. Nina is a Seal Point Siamese, and is one week younger than Lyla.

It took just about an hour for them to become playmates. Nina was home for two day, and Lyla one week before they were introduced. Now look at them:
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Such beauties!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Awwww so cute! They are both adorable and I just love Siamese cats they are the dogs of cats, chatty and sociable and very affectionate and protective of their humans. My little fatty is 3/4 blue lynx point Siamese and he definitely acts like one, but he doesn't have the kind of low, raspy meow that Siamese typically have.
    pinkbunnyslippers and McJag like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I miss my Siamese kitties. They were the best. I had a lilac lynx point and he was gorgeous. I lost him way too young. He was only 9 Chronic renal failure. I also had his son (for 18 wonderful years), who looked like a full seal point, but he was a mix. Wonderful cats.

My mother in law had 2 Siamese cats. One was a flame point Siamese and the other was a chocolate Siamese. She had one for 9 years and the other for about 10 years. In the entire time she had them, I think I saw the chocolate twice and the flame point once - and only for a couple seconds. They NEVER came out if they knew/thought people other than my mother in law was home.

After they passed away, she had them cremated, had a paw print done in plaster and put them on a table in her living room, and hung a picture of them on the wall. I told her this was the longest I had ever been in the same room with either cat!

@pinkbunnyslippers
    What gorgeous and cute cats! An aunt of mine had a brown tipped Siamese cat back in the 1970's who had a litter of 6: 2 brown tipped like her and 4 grey/silver tipped. They really were like dogs, very social and cuddly, but also - especially the grey ones - quite feisty. They all had their very own personalities. One of the boys, a brown tipped one like his mom, was a little bit too soft and dumb for his own good. He was quite accident prone, the largest of the litter, and also cross-eyed. But you could make him do just about anything, too cute.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

My cat has become so protective and extra affectionate since I became pregnant. It's like she can tell. She always wants to be by my side, and if I'm in bed, she'll either lay down across my legs, facing the door so she can see who is coming in and out, or she'll perch at the end of the bed watching the door. If someone enters the room and approaches me, she stands right next to me, near my stomach, watching every move they make.

The other day I was lying in bed with debilitating nausea. My husband was at work, so I was alone and there was no one to comfort me. Suddenly, my cat walked up to me and then lifted her paw and began to pet me, the way that a person pets a cat. She stroked my face several times before lowering her face to mine, narrowing her eyes, and pressing her nose against my cheek for several seconds, like she was giving me a kiss. Then she curled up next to me and put a paw across my arm. It was so sweet and touching. I felt that she was trying to tell me she loves me.

Thread Information