Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet food recall!

Our dog breeder recommended only feeding Exceed for a really healthy coat and boy does it work! You can but it at Sams Club for 16 bucks-huge bag. It is just plain good for dog stuff. Our old doggie got changed too. Dog breeders usually know best! They get cooked treats,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is very scary.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Gold Member

OMG. I am so sad for those pet owners who have lost a much loved member of their family.

This company is evil and if there is any wrong doing those responsible should serve jail time.

I hope none of the people on this forum are affected.

Did they ever find a reason? and why so many-the dog list alone is 49 brands!
    and one is Eukanuba-I thought they were really good.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

a couple people at my mom's work have pets who've gone into kidney failure...this is getting out of hand..

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I checked the list on the website & omg thank gawd my cats are on a strict diet and don't get snacks and bullshit! in fact this is fate b/c i did splurge for them a few weeks ago to makeup to them for my sister moving out by getting some treats (since they usually eat Nutro indoor cat hard food ->for their teeth) in gravy but my brat of a piggy cat (the boy) kept getting to it and trying to get some of it so i finally hid it so well that i forgot where i put it! and it was probably on that recall list; how wierd is that!

Where we take Dick to get his nails clipped, the lady reccomended a dog food called, Orijen. She also sent home a sample bag and Dick seems to love it, he devours it even without a spoonful of salmon. Made with 70% Veternarian inspected meats, 30% Fruits and Veggies, 0% Grain. But the downside is that along with fresh fish and whole eggs, chicken is one of the main ingredients and apparently Dick may be allergic to chicken though i'm thinking not because his rash has seemed to go away for good. Thank God. Has anyone else ever heard that turkey is quite bad for dogs and can even cause intestinal cancer?
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Alice, I feed my cats Nutro dry food, too. They get a little canned food mixed in with the crunchy food and they were eating some of the recalled brands. So far they seem fine. There were a couple of reps at PetSmart today from Nutro and Science Diet. What really sucks is the Menu Foods website is not that complete. Half the shelves in PetSmart are empty.

BTW - Juicy, my dog is a Lab. What kind do you have?

^ oh really; my parents have a big black lab; they're the best aren't they!!! but i have 2 cats at home, 1 little girl and 1 big boy who ate a cookie last nite that i left on the couch pig!

Alice...my lab is big and black, too!! She's just the best. They have such awesome personalities. She's just happy to do whatever. Tear up a toy, fetch a tennis ball, go for a ride, a walk, take a nap, eat a biscuit....whatever. Just as long as I'm with her. When my boyfriend tries to correct her (no hands, we don't spank) she runs to me and sits next to me and gives me kisses...hundreds of them as fast as she can. I have 4 cats, 3 boys and 1 girl. One of my boys is always trying to eat crackers or pretzels. He's a weird-o Siamese mix

there was an older couple on the news this morning here who's little 2 yr old pomeranian had to be put to sleep because of this it was so sad
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

^ OMG I Know i just saw the same thing on the news here; it was this guy w/ his black cat who looked exactly EXACTLY LIKE MINE! they even had the same white hairs on their chest and he was so gorgeous and perfectly healthy but now he's dying of kidney failure and it was just awful; i could see how in pain his owner was that he had to put him to sleep and i just grabbed my baby and held him for so long b/c it would break my heart in a million peices if my cats had to go through that plus the fact that they mean sooooo much to me its so sad; you can't replace a pet w/ money or anything else so there's no recourse for these ppl, its just tragic. I am so incredibly grateful that their food was not contaminated but i keep checking the website obsessively to make sure nothing more was added I hope everyone's pets are ok here!!!!

just wanted to let everyone know...they added a few to both lists...cats and dogs...so go check the site again to make sure your not feeding it to your babies!!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I think I read/heard that they are concerned about some mold issues?
    I honestly think it's something that just happened, but not from negligence...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

what is the site that has the brands listed?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information