Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The pet cost of Sandy - NY dog on "death row" after death of owner

I get notifications on Facebook from NYACC with the dogs and cats on death row each day. I've had a NYC rescue org pull a couple of cats and literally deliver them to my house in NJ. I cannot believe all of the animals available during normal times - now with so many displaced from the hurricane - it's worse. Plus they may be picking up pets that are displaced from their owners who would want them back if they knew where they were. All those beautiful souls - I wish I could take every one.
    Novice likes this.

I love happy endings in animal stories.
    Honey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I get notifications on Facebook from NYACC with the dogs and cats on death row each day. I've had a NYC rescue org pull a couple of cats and literally deliver them to my house in NJ. I cannot believe all of the animals available during normal times - now with so many displaced from the hurricane - it's worse. Plus they may be picking up pets that are displaced from their owners who would want them back if they knew where they were. All those beautiful souls - I wish I could take every one.
    Breaks my heart every single night when I see that list. The next day when I see an updated "Gone but not forgotten" folder I cry my eyes out. I can't fathom the fear these poor animals face being marched down that long hallway. Many wag their tails, happily thinking they're getting out of their cage for a bit. Little do they know what awaits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Breaks my heart every single night when I see that list. The next day when I see an updated "Gone but not forgotten" folder I cry my eyes out. I can't fathom the fear these poor animals face being marched down that long hallway. Many wag their tails, happily thinking they're getting out of their cage for a bit. Little do they know what awaits them.
    I love when the updates are positive - sometimes other rescues will come in and save a whole bunch at a time. It's unbearable to think about the others. I cry too. Some of them look so scared in their cages - some look so sweet. Multiply this situation across the country and you have millions gone each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I love when the updates are positive - sometimes other rescues will come in and save a whole bunch at a time. It's unbearable to think about the others. I cry too. Some of them look so scared in their cages - some look so sweet. Multiply this situation across the country and you have millions gone each year.
    I'm so, so grateful to the rescues. They do such phenomenal work with so little.

Eery time I see a dog with dangling balls I want to cunt punch the owner. Spay/neuter your damn animals!
    Novice likes this.

Honey - thanks for posting about Lucas, I hope that potential fosterers now have a look at the other pets in shelters.

Both my furbabies are rescues, one from the local shelter, my shadow Bogart the cat. Holly is a Carpathian sheepdog mix from Romania, they have much worse conditions in their shelters, plus the dogs have to have animal passports to travel across the EU which adds to the cost.

Dogs for Adoption & Rescue - DogsBlog.com is a great site for UK/EU rescue dogs.
    Honey likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information