Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Oscar

So sorry for your loss flygirl

It sounds like he had a terrible life before you saved him, he was lucky to find you and you were lucky to have him <3

Oh, I am so, so very sorry. Poor little guy! Sending love to you and to him.

Oh Flygirl, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Oscar sounded like such a character! What a wonderful second chance you gave him and what a dignified, pain-free passing you were able to give him. It's absolutely heartbreaking choosing to put your best buddy to sleep but you did it because you love him and wanted what was best for him.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

I'm so sorry. *big hugs* It's devastating to lose a dear pet. You gave him a wonderful life.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

I'm so sorry for your furbaby, Flygirl. He was lucky to have you. Don't feel guilty, animals don't like to show weakness and it is easy to miss things.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Oh,why did i have to read this?That is exactly what our beautiful girl cat had,exactly!I know,i saw it..only my girls wouldnt let go..long as our darling was eating we kept her alive.In her last week she was bleeding all over.It was pure torture watching her begging us to help her.Finally we got to let go,poor thing hadnt eaten in days.The vet came,gave her a shot and our lovely .darling baby died right next to my bed..with my girls holding her and talking to her and our tears wetting her still warm body.I feel for you and i am glad you let Oscar go at the right time.You are a good person.He was lucky to have you looking after him..My heart hurts so much..i still miss our girl..
    Flygirl and dexter7 like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

So sorry for your loss Flygirl. My limited experience with death of any kind leads me to believe that guilt ought to be one of the stages of grief. No matter what we do, how much time we give, how much we say to our loved ones, we always feel we could have said/done more. It's not true of course, especially in your case. You were an angel to that dog, and he went before the suffering became horrible. Hugs to you.
    dexter7 likes this.

So sorry for your loss, Flygirl. You came along when Oscar needed an angel, and he gave you ten years of love and happiness. I'm so sorry it had to end like that....but how would anyone know that unless you had been through it before? You did fine by him and the right thing. I am glad you passed the info along to us. Take care!

So sorry too, Effie. I am in the same boat as you are now,...with our old Jack Russell. My kids won't hear of putting her down and I know she is getting worse and slipping away. I don't want to find her REALLY bad one night and in pain, and then have to do the same thing anyway. I'd rather do it now before she is suffering and having a painful and tramatic death. Uggg!! The whole thing is sooooo damn sad....

I'm sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Flygirl, I know how tough this is. Oscar didn't know true love until he came to you. He died knowing he was loved. I know that doesn't help but its huge gift you gave him. I think you're wonderful.
    Honey, Flygirl, yanna and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Oh,why did i have to read this?That is exactly what our beautiful girl cat had,exactly!I know,i saw it..only my girls wouldnt let go..long as our darling was eating we kept her alive.In her last week she was bleeding all over.It was pure torture watching her begging us to help her.Finally we got to let go,poor thing hadnt eaten in days.The vet came,gave her a shot and our lovely .darling baby died right next to my bed..with my girls holding her and talking to her and our tears wetting her still warm body.I feel for you and i am glad you let Oscar go at the right time.You are a good person.He was lucky to have you looking after him..My heart hurts so much..i still miss our girl..
    So sorry, Effie. It's a tough thing to go through. Especially the older ones who have been through so much with you. Oscar was with me in my wild and single days and watched me bring both my babies (now 6 and 4) home.

Thank you all very much for the kind words. He was such a funny dog. He was missing his front leg, and, despite being neutered, he never lost the urge to, um, breed. When he was younger he'd walk around humping the furniture until he lost his balance and fell over with this "god I hate life" look on his face. No one ever accused him of being beautiful, but he was definitely one of God's special creatures. My six year old daughter actually said, "I bet in Heaven, Oscar's grill is fixed." Wow.
    Honey, effie2, ManxMouse and 2 others like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information