Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Not Healthy For Your Dogs....

Thanks Choozenine!! Too funny.

Witchy this is the cutest fur baby ever. I made something like an ugly cry face when I looked at the picture.
    Bluebonnet and Witchywoman like this.
    -

I used to make dog food when I had my Border Collie, Missy. She loved it. She also loved frozen broccoli. Couldn't get enough.

1/3 meat 1/3 veggie and 1/3 rice
    Bluebonnet and Witchywoman like this.

Oh good grief!!!!

Witchy, this is so cute it doesn't look real!!!!!!

I'm having to contain my squeal cuz I'm at work!
    Witchywoman and Fran like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

What breed is he? He is ridiculously cute.

Thanks all. He has brought so much happiness into my life. He is an Aussiepoo........mini Aussie and poodle. I adopted him from a poodle rescue.
    sprynkles, Bluebonnet, czb and 2 others like this.

Good for you, he's so cute!!!
    Witchywoman likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

omg, he looks like a mini version of my australian shepherd! right down to the little white feet.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I cook for my dogs. My female has terrible allergies and we've found some relief for her with me cooking for her (them).

I use the recipes here:

https://www.thedogbakery.com/blogs/n...-dog-will-love

I'm thinking about starting to cook for my dog. He has such issues with allergies. I'm not surprised that a vet would post that, however, my issue is usually with what they recommend. Typically, most of the vets I've gone to recommend the Hills Science array of products. Those aren't really better than the stuff from the grocery store.

I cooked for my old gal, way back during the food scare in 2007/2008. I would buy a couple of chickens, boil them down, shred the chicken, add brown rice and veggies, and some fish oil. She loved it.

We feed a brand called Zignature. Fish based protein and grain free. Cuts down the itching.

I guess I can't really complain about what people feed their dogs, fed is best
    Witchywoman and sprynkles like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm thinking about starting to cook for my dog. He has such issues with allergies. I'm not surprised that a vet would post that, however, my issue is usually with what they recommend. Typically, most of the vets I've gone to recommend the Hills Science array of products. Those aren't really better than the stuff from the grocery store.

I cooked for my old gal, way back during the food scare in 2007/2008. I would buy a couple of chickens, boil them down, shred the chicken, add brown rice and veggies, and some fish oil. She loved it.

We feed a brand called Zignature. Fish based protein and grain free. Cuts down the itching.

I guess I can't really complain about what people feed their dogs, fed is best
    For dry food we use Costco's Kirkland Signature Nature's Made which is grain free. The ingredient list reads like a recipe. Price is comparable to Taste of the Wild and Blue Buffalo.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

We have a ten week Golden Retriever. Two weeks ago when my son picked him up from the breeder, they said to feed him the Blue Buffalo. He was hardly eating. Some people told us to mix some wet food with it. He loved it and devoured it, but left the dry food. So..my son bought him Purina Puppy Chow and he seems to really like it. However , the people at the PetSmart said it's really bad for dogs because it contains by- products. The vet said it's fine, it's been around for many years. Well I'm thinking of course, just because something has been around a long time doesn't mean it good for you. There are many articles online saying it really bad. Yesterday I went to Petco to buy some toys and the guy there told me Blue Buffalo is getting sued for having lead in the food. So here we are back to square one tying to find something he likes. I bought four trial size bags of Performatrin Ultra puppy food , and he doesn't eat that either.

It's so easy to make it yourself. My dear Missy, rest in peace, really loved it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    We have a ten week Golden Retriever. Two weeks ago when my son picked him up from the breeder, they said to feed him the Blue Buffalo. He was hardly eating. Some people told us to mix some wet food with it. He loved it and devoured it, but left the dry food. So..my son bought him Purina Puppy Chow and he seems to really like it. However , the people at the PetSmart said it's really bad for dogs because it contains by- products. The vet said it's fine, it's been around for many years. Well I'm thinking of course, just because something has been around a long time doesn't mean it good for you. There are many articles online saying it really bad. Yesterday I went to Petco to buy some toys and the guy there told me Blue Buffalo is getting sued for having lead in the food. So here we are back to square one tying to find something he likes. I bought four trial size bags of Performatrin Ultra puppy food , and he doesn't eat that either.
    The suit against BB was dismissed.

Elite Member

We use Nutro
    czb and twitchy2.0 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information