Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New baby might be mine tomorrow

Good for you, McJag, and all of you adopting shelter babies! I'm a member of my local humane society and volunteer for the shelter, and they are over run with people dropping off pets. It's the economy and unwanted Christmas presents that's bringing them in so fast. They're usually great animals that just need a wonderful home!

I'm so glad you found a shelter baby you're compatable with, McJag! I hope he's healthy as a horse and everything goes perfectly. Regardless, thank you for trying to adopt a shelter dog - they desperately need the love and home. Please keep us updated!

I shall. I thought about all of this carefully-like, I could have adopted through Bogey's breeder, a rescue group or my favorite Operation Kindness. I decided those dogs were safe. They were in foster homes or at the very least a no-kill shelter. I wanted to take one out of danger, like I was helpless to do with Ginger.
    If any one out there has been thinking about this, act now. Nationwide, by February there will be wholesale slaughter. I can't blame the shelters, there are just far too many being given up right now.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

He is home! Lord,what a sweetie. He & Bogey had a bark off, Bogey had to be crated for an hour. Then they settled right down. The vet said his heart was healthy!
    This is what he looks like:

The vet says full King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. 19.6 lbs. 4 years old. Great teeth-have been professionally cleaned. House broken. Slightly chubby. Vet wants him at 17 lbs. Good knees and hips. Perfect! And on his paper ,when he was turned in it says: unwanted. Can you imagine???? Somebody loved this little fellow and took good care of him. I have decided his owner died or was taken ill. The family didn't know what to do with him and junked him. He must have been a spoiled darling and now he is again! What total joy!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Aw, McJag! He's wonderful. What a sweet face. I'll bet he's going to be a great pet. So happy for you.

fgg

congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Aw, McJag! He's wonderful. What a sweet face. I'll bet he's going to be a great pet. So happy for you.

Thank you! My heart runneth over!

Adorable. Perfect age, too.

So happy for you and your babies! Thank you so much for giving that beautiful creature a great home!
    Things fall apart. It's scientific.

He looks like he just wants to love somebody up.

McJag you are so cute! He's super adorable!!!! What is his name? I looked but didn't see it.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    He looks like he just wants to love somebody up.
    I cannot believe my good fortune! He is a love sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    McJag you are so cute! He's super adorable!!!! What is his name? I looked but didn't see it.
    I am not too fond of it. It is King, but he doesn't LOOK like it. I wonder if he is too old to change it.

Congrats! Cavs are so sweet! Puppies around here go for $1200 to $1600 and there is often a waiting list. I'm happy for you and the new addition to the family!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Aw man, you actually have me tearing up over here because I'm so happy for you. It's so great to get the perfect fit with your new pet. i know what that's like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Congrats! Cavs are so sweet! Puppies around here go for $1200 to $1600 and there is often a waiting list. I'm happy for you and the new addition to the family!
    Had to pay a whopping 80 bucks! He was really on sale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information