Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Neuter/Declaw

Default Re: Neuter/Declaw

Lawdy, the cat in the carrier looks vewwy vewwy angwy. Is that a Persian? My friend who bathes her cats has a Persian. She said you just have to bathe them, it's not optional.

About the towels, I'm way ahead of ya here. We had two beach towels, and still bled. Ass Cat fought & squirmed as if we were setting him on fire. Mind you, we eventually did get him in the carrier, because I was deadly determined after he sliced me, but it wasn't without significant cost to my time, skin & mental state.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Lawdy, the cat in the carrier looks vewwy vewwy angwy. Is that a Persian? My friend who bathes her cats has a Persian. She said you just have to bathe them, it's not optional.

About the towels, I'm way ahead of ya here. We had two beach towels, and still bled. Ass Cat fought & squirmed as if we were setting him on fire. Mind you, we eventually did get him in the carrier, because I was deadly determined after he sliced me, but it wasn't without significant cost to my time, skin & mental state.

Weird - I have 3 persians, and the only time I have to bathe them is when they get the runs (maybe 1 or 2 times a year max). I've had persians my whole life, and can count a handful of times I've washed them all - combined.

Goose - I didn't have any problems with my kitten getting declawed. He was a bit groggy, but after a few hours he was back to his normal self. He is the sweetest cat still. Just make sure you keep them inside AT ALL TIMES. There can never be a time where they will get outside, no matter what.

Oh, and my cats may be dumb because they apparently still don't realize carrier = vet They don't fight when they are going into the carrier. I put the carrier out the night before, and the day off - I will hold their 'forearm' of their paws and in they go!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm totally pro-neutering (too many strays out there it's heartbreaking), but completely against declawing. I have my couches all scratched, and I wouldn't trade perfect couches for my babies' claws. Anyway, I hope they are doing okay. Cats can get offended for a few days, but they don't hold grudges.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information