Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need help, my dog is irritated by my toddler

I don't like children at all (no offense) but it always warms my heart to see children and animals together. Children often don't understand that its not okay to tug on a tail, or maybe they pounce a little too hard, but most animals are so forgiving. A little hand softly petting a dog or cat is just too cute. Kids can be really full of love sometimes.

Yeah, don't worry, I'm still not feeling that maternal urge. Most of the time kids are asshats.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

No offense taken!

I love my kid, but I can only be around other children in very small doses. I think I've realized that I like and love MY kid, but I just slighly like other kids and can only tolerate them so much. Sounds kind of horrible for a mother to say, huh? LOL

And yes, it is so sweet to see animal and kids together. When we got in the car to go home tonight after seeing the cat and dog, my daughter was giggling and smiling... we were looking at each other like, "What's up with her tonight?".... then we asked her what was going on and she said, "Bow wow." That's what she calls dogs and cats.

My husband and I started laughing so hard from her reaction. She was just sitting in her carseat thinking about the animals and giggling like she had the best night of her life. It was like she had a dog and cat high. I love that kid so much, how cool is that??

A*O

Glad it's working out DD. The dog and your daughter both need to work out how to respond to each other and you've obviously showed them how it's done. You still need to watch them both like a hawk but it sounds like they've reached a mutually workable set of rules. Smart kid. Smart dog.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    No offense taken!

I love my kid, but I can only be around other children in very small doses. I think I've realized that I like and love MY kid, but I just slighly like other kids and can only tolerate them so much. Sounds kind of horrible for a mother to say, huh? LOL..

No, I think there are lots of parents who feel that way!

And yes, it is so sweet to see animal and kids together. When we got in the car to go home tonight after seeing the cat and dog, my daughter was giggling and smiling... we were looking at each other like, "What's up with her tonight?".... then we asked her what was going on and she said, "Bow wow." That's what she calls dogs and cats. Children who love animals are more likely to be the kind of children I actually like. They have big hearts and more compassion and are less likely to be entitled little ass monkeys about other things.

My husband and I started laughing so hard from her reaction. She was just sitting in her carseat thinking about the animals and giggling like she had the best night of her life. It was like she had a dog and cat high. I love that kid so much, how cool is that?? Very cool
    See my comments in bold above.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information