Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need HELP immediately!!

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

If she wants show-level labs with papers, then getting them from a breeder is the way to go. If someone wants a pet, shelters are the way to go.

You know, ManxMouse, there is generally two ways to say almost anything and you really went the insulting route for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    If she wants show-level labs with papers, then getting them from a breeder is the way to go. If someone wants a pet, shelters are the way to go.

You know, ManxMouse, there is generally two ways to say almost anything and you really went the insulting route for no reason.
    Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Wanting "show-level labs with papers from a breeder" rather than wanting to give an animal the most love and best life possible and not contribute to the senseless deaths of perfectly good dogs. People who think like this must either be like pageant moms or are too dense not to see the similarity.

How charming to be so morally superior. Sitting in judgment because people make choices different from yours give you a high or something?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

oops.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

mmmkay so i'm a horrible person because i've bred dogs wow I also have a shelter dog does that make me a better person are am i still evil god grow up some ppl want pure bred doggies and it's best to get them from a breeder because you can research the blood line to make sure there isn't a lot of imbreeding which can cause health problems and what not in some breeds.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Maybe someday you'll see the bigger picture. It's not about moral superiority, it's basic decency and common sense. And by the way, you can get great purebred dogs from rescue groups, who know their history and background. But I guess if you just want a dog to make money or show off their papers, that wouldn't be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Maybe someday you'll see the bigger picture. It's not about moral superiority, it's basic decency and common sense. And by the way, you can get great purebred dogs from rescue groups, who know their history and background. But I guess if you just want a dog to make money or show off their papers, that wouldn't be good enough.
    Just for my own curiosity, how many shelter animals do you have? It's a serious question. You are so adamant about never BUYING a dog, I am just curious if you have ever PURCHASED one....
    And for the bolded question-seriously, how do they know the animals bloodlines, history or backgrounds...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

And doesn't it follow that a dog that has been rescued for whatever reason hasn't had the training and CARE that most owners of show dogs give their animals? I am quite sure you can get purebred dogs from other sources than breeders but for those who show their animals or plan to breed themselves, that lineage has to be firm and well documented.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information