Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice

God this is so sad So they can humanely euthanize him now or shoot him (if he does have rabies)?
    I don't know if I could cope with knowing my dog was shot. Such a tough decision, so sorry Fran xxxx

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this. What an awful predicament.

I know you can't touch him if he was put into an enclosure, but perhaps you could visit so he could see you? And maybe leave items that your scent on? Like an old slipper or something. That way he won't feel so alone. Also, if the worst happened and he showed symptoms, is there any possibility of putting sleeping pills in food, or something similar, so that he doesn't have to be awake while it's done? I'm sorry if that is completely naive, and there's some obvious reason why it can't happen like that, but I haven't heard of this being done before. We're lucky over here in the UK in that respect.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Buddy is in a kennel at home. If he develops rabies the vet willgivw him sedation overdose so he won't have to be shot. I am giving lots of treats and spending time talking to him. He doesn't seem too unhappy now that I have brought him home. The county rabies guy said he will come by and inspect the kennel and hopefully he will let the double fence thing slide. Thanks everyonw.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Buddy is in a kennel at home. If he develops rabies the vet willgivw him sedation overdose so he won't have to be shot. I am giving lots of treats and spending time talking to him. He doesn't seem too unhappy now that I have brought him home. The county rabies guy said he will come by and inspect the kennel and hopefully he will let the double fence thing slide. Thanks everyonw.
    So happy to hear he got a second chance!

Fingers crossed he will be healthy

That's good to hear. Good luck, Fran.

If he comes out ok, I don't think the time spent in isolation will affect him much. Think of all the dogs that are caged in shelters and if they're lucky enough, end up being someone's happy family members.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So glad to hear your update. Fingers crossed for the best!
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Sorry about all the typos. I posted on my new phone and I can't text worth a dime on it. Don't know how teenagers do it so fast.

Bronze Member

I was reading the thread and cried. I can't imagine how it would be for me when my Frisco goes. I hope and pray that everything turns out well for you and Buddy. Best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information