Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My neighbour's dog attacked me

I'm guessing your aunt wasn't too happy about that, Grimm.

A friend of my brother's had a big dog that would scare people to death though it had never mauled anyone. The owner was giving everyone the bullshit line about how it's really a sweetheart. Then one day he bend to pick something up too close behind the sweetheart while it was eating and it turned back and bit his hand. The guy needed serious surgery and still doesn't have full use of a finger. Got a bit of schadenfreunde about that one, to be honest. And crazy fucker kept the dog! That dog would have been put to sleep like that if it were up to me.

smf

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    That's horrible. I guess you really hit the neighbour jackpot . I think that if this happened once I'd never pass by that street again.
    those people moved theres still alot of dogs that get loose if i see them i turn around quickly towards other direction

The grumpiest dogs I have met have been little ones, who yap a lot

I have to say all the boxers I have ever met have been lovely and daft

I have a Lab, which is one of the kindest, sweetest breeds on earth. She is NEVER without her leash in public. NEVER!!!

It's mostly for her protection, but you never know with a dog. They are animals. If she saw a cat walking across the street, or a duck, she would chase it. Then what??? She gets hit by a car.

Mine like to chase squirrels and ducks in the woods, luckily both are much faster than my dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Mine like to chase squirrels and ducks in the woods, luckily both are much faster than my dogs
    Josie does too! We allow her to be off leash when we go to the mountains and she gets in the lake. There isn't another soul around, but boy does she love to chase the ducks into the water. Then, she tried to swim after them!

I love it when no one else is about and you have the whole place to yourself

Does Josie have many dog friends? I wonder if she would get on with my two

I'm sure she would love your dogs, Honey! We call Josie a racist...she only really likes her own kind, other labs or Goldens.

Everyone has already offered the advice I would have so good luck. It is all about fear with dogs; if you believe you're tougher than them, they will back off. I know its easier said than done. Also remember to never look a dog in the eye or turn around and run, they will chase you. Grimm, I really hate to laugh but your story telling is so animated. I could see the little yapper flying across the room and I am an animal lover. +1 to Cravendirt for the training comment. I CANNOT stand people who allow their animals to act wild. Control them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I'm an animal lover, and I would still NEVER allow my dog to go out without a leash on. A lot of dogs can be unpredictable, and it's just safer all the way around. Not only does it protect people, but also dogs, because sometimes they try to run in the street, despite all the training they may have had. And just because you think your huge dog is a sweetie pie, it doesn't mean that other people will feel the same way.

Just because a dog hasn't bitten anyone YET, doesn't mean it's not capable of biting someone at all. Asshole dog owners can laugh at me being afraid of their huge dogs that are running loose and barking at me, but they'll certainly stop laughing when I mase their dog in the face and call the cops on the owner. I'm well within my rights if I feel my safety is threatened. Honestly, the majority of dog owners are responsible and respectful toward other people, but the rotten apples just ruin the whole bunch.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I really understand your problem.

I grew up with dogs and now I have a dog of my own. But I would be scared too if a strange dog would run to me and bark at me.
    I don't think that there are breeds with more agression than other. It's always the owner. I know a retriever you can't touch or even come close without have him snarl.

I hope your neighbour is smart enough to have the dog on the leash from now on.

The dog is still out and about most of the time. It hasn't come near me but I don't give it any chance either. The other day I parked as close as possible to my house and managed to get in before it showed any interest. The owner is an irresponsible bitch. I'll try to have a talk with her first but with the dog there it looks like it will have to be the police. I don't care about making her an enemy, no one likes her and her fug dog anyway

I really don't understand such people. Did you say to her you'd have to call the police?

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    The dog is still out and about most of the time. It hasn't come near me but I don't give it any chance either. The other day I parked as close as possible to my house and managed to get in before it showed any interest. The owner is an irresponsible bitch. I'll try to have a talk with her first but with the dog there it looks like it will have to be the police. I don't care about making her an enemy, no one likes her and her fug dog anyway

you should NOT have to live like that. screw her. i'd call the Animal people immediately. some day that dog might actually do some REAL damage that could have been prevented.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm saying this based on my experience of being bitten by a neighbor's dog. One of the fangs went into my right breast; the other went into my ribs. The muscle pain from trauma lasted for weeks. Another neighbor's dog came at me in a threatening way, so I maced him, but I was screaming the whole time and wound up inhaling most of it myself - another trip to the ER.

Greece doesn't have leash laws? Please check into this. I'd have her slapped with a ticket asap. Please don't let people embarrass you into being "nice."

Also, I would not verbally approach this woman because that is not an adequate record of putting her on notice, should you need to sue for injuries later (sorry - prepare for the worst, hope for the best). Keep a record for yourself and send her copy certified mail so you get another record that it was in fact received. If you have any municipal office where people register their dog tags, send a copy there as well and to animal control (you probably have some equivalent).

She doesn't have to give a shit about your welfare, and clearly she doesn't - unless she's compelled. Your safety and health aren't negotiable.

Plus, if you approach her, you're now on the dog's turf with no guarantee of this woman behaving responsibly. That would scare me. I've had dogs since I was little and love them more than humans, but I still have been attacked and know it's bad to wind up in the hospital because of a negligent owner.

You might not have the warmest of neighbor relations, but you don't now either. I suppose it's a balancing test of what stuff you want to put up with.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information