Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My neighbour's dog attacked me

The dog should be on a lead near roads surely? How dangerous is that? Like you say, it is a law in Greece which the owner is breaking. She needs to be told.

Yanna,just tell her you dont like her beast to upset you,just leash it or else..i am sorry to say it happened to me once,they would not do anything about it and i used hair spray on the animal when he acted up.That settled it.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I'm afraid I wouldn't have the presence of mind to whip out the hairspray, I was paralysed with fear yesterday.

My other neighbour's Yorkshire terrier would also squeeze through her fence and attack me but a swift kick would take care of it. That's definitely not an option with a boxer

That dog owner is just irresponsible. Get it on a fucking leash, especially if you see someone who is terrified of your dog. It's not okay or laughable or yanna's fault that the dog is barking at and intimidating yanna.

Your neighbor is just being inconsiderate and a lousy dog owner. It's her job to control her animal, both for public safety's sake and for the sake of the animal (God forbid it bites someone and has to be put down.)

Hit By Ban Bus!

First off, I would tell the owner to handle her dog or else.
    This is a huge pet peeve of mine!
    DOG OWNERS !!! TRAIN YOUR DOGS!!!
    If you are going to have a dog you need to be able to control that dog at all times.
    It needs to listen to it's master, to ensure safety.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I'm afraid I wouldn't have the presence of mind to whip out the hairspray, I was paralysed with fear yesterday.

My other neighbour's Yorkshire terrier would also squeeze through her fence and attack me but a swift kick would take care of it. That's definitely not an option with a boxer
    Ok. Effie will have to straighten this out. Effie! Take charge!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well,i sprayed the beast delibarately,i knew he was out and i took the spray and had it ready to use.
    Dog ladies were out to get me,there are many and fanatical around,i just told them better lay off me or else,then i got that LOOK on my face.Problem solved.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Until you can get animal control or the cops to do something about this dog, walk softly and CARRY A BIG STICK.

Yanna, it isnt that dogs dont like you, they can sense fear. but, please, give the lady one chance, if she doesnt do anything, call the police. There is NO excuse for any dog owner letting their pet scare the crap out of you.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I will try to talk to the neighbour provided that Princess won't rip out my throat before I make it to the front door.

I think it's a chicken and egg argument because I'm not afraid of dogs in general, I get afraid if a dog runs towards me, barking in an aggresive manner. If I'm scared beforehand just from seeing the dog, it has to be subconscious because I'm not aware of any fear. I'll try to deal with it because there are way too many dogs where I live and where I work.

I don't think there is an animal control service in Greece. I can ask the municipality or the police to do something if the owner won't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Um yeah, as much as dog owners throw that "they're harmless" crap around, the thing should be on a leash.

Nobody wants to be the first person the dog bites the face off of.
    don't listen to that "harmless"crap, my husband was bitten by a bassett hound and had to have emergency surgery 3 weeks ago!

Yikes, I wouldn't guess a basset hound had it in it! Hope your husband is ok now.

smf

im afraid of bigger dogs to unless its a friends or the one we have a doberman he's the biggest wuss but one time when walking in my neighborhood 2or3 mutts just ran up on me snapping at my ankles i was scared to death and yelling/cussing at them their owners were sitting on their porch just laughing at the situation which really pissed me off i know its mean but i should of just kick the shit out of the more aggressive one but they probably would came after me w/a gun stupid hillbillys

That's horrible. I guess you really hit the neighbour jackpot . I think that if this happened once I'd never pass by that street again.

My aunt had one of those little shithead anklebiter dogs.. the thing was seriously aggressive. It got really proprietary over bones or toys.. if you went to pick one up it would charge at you, barking and snapping.

My uncle did just that, and the piece of shit floormop dog clamped onto his ankle, teeth sunk in all the way. My uncle ripped the thing off his foot, grabbed it by its neck and whipped it as hard as he could at the brick wall.

All you heard was a "WHACK" and the thing died instantly. Then he stuffed it in a bag and threw it in the trash.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information