Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My male cat was sick this weekend; please pray for him

My cat Nitro has had urinary problems. We thought she wouldn't make it but she pulled through. Keep your hopes up !

Aww.. get well Preston..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

My other kitty had some urinary issues too---off and on for years. Gave her special food, etc. When she was 9 yrs old they said she needed surgery to correct the issues and I refused (not because I am cheap or didn't love her but) because she was an EXTREMELY skiddish cat and she was completely terrorized when the doorbell ran, let alone the vets.

She lived, healthily for another 6 yrs with ZERO problems. And basically died of old age...

Your little guy can live through this too. I know it is so difficult to see your baby go through this. I am sending positive vibes to you both! xoxo

Poor kitty

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thank you ALL for your well wishes and prayers, it seemed to have worked

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

resting comfortably this morning before I left back for work

well guys, good news, I took him to the Petsmart vet early this morning b/c he's still not peeing or eating/drinking normally and I'm just scared for him. So I took him and they said his bladder wasn't blocked and they were able to help him pee, but he wasn't doing it normally himself b/c he's in pain. So I got some more pain medicine for him (another $100 + the $1800 bill from before omg ) and they said he just needs time to get healed and feeling better and that his poor little genitals are bruised right now too

they did find crystals in his urine, but no stones and w/ his new special diet he should react good to that and get that crystal shit out of his system, HERE'S HOPING! and then he's getting another check-up in a month to check out the urine again. my god when the vet came back and told me that he was basically ok the water-works just came pouring out! I COULDN'T EVEN TALK! I was balling! It was just such a relief in a major sense, not that he's completely out of the woods yet and he's still not 100%, but I was expecting the worst or something bad and to hear that he was peeing ok was just so relieving to me. Its so silly that urinary problems can get my best animal friend down like this it makes me so mad in a way too, he doesn't deserve this shit at all, and I'm just never going to take him for granted again, I love him, my little man in a 20lb cat's body lol

aw, he's got the cone of shame! If it helps, when my cat had to have it last year, she just laid around, and pretty much pouted until we took it off. Then, she acted just fine.

I'm glad he's okay, you are a good kittymom.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

lol yeah thats what we call it too; the cone of shame they had to use a big ass one too for him, I think its 12 inches compared to the tiny ones the kittens I rescued wore after their spay/neuter it was just funny to me

but he has to wear that b/c he keeps licking his thingy and he's not supposed to, poor babe, he had a tube up it ~ i can't imagine his discomfort, he's so sheltered. its funny b/c all my cats are rescues from the streets literally and now as domesticated cats they can't stand to be outside the home (there's a secluded 2nd story balcony for them, but that's as much of a yard as they'll ever have)

Silver Member

Yay!!!!

Alice, ask if they have a clear cone of shame. I saw a thing on Animal Planet that said the cats can't see to the side in the regular ones, but with the clear one, they can see all around.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Awww poor baby, glad he's on the mend.

I hate those damn cones, when my late doggie had all those surgeries last summer, they told me to keep it on her at all times. I just couldn't, so if I was around to watch her, I took it off. It was too pitiful watching her walking into walls and stuff.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Aw, cones are so depressing. Glad to hear he's on the mend.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

yeah I took it off, but its worth it if it stops him from obsessing over his genitals. But its off now and he was running up to me for food this morning w/ his sisters (like he used to) and he ate up his prescription food like his old self. He hasn't drank water out of the tub like he used to, but I put water in his wet food so I'm keeping him hydrated. I gave him his meds including pain meds so he can pee better and he slept on his old usual spot on the couch last night purring away as I hovered over him babying him and petting away at my baby. So all in all, he's getting better, I just have to keep my eye on him.

Thank you so much guys for caring, it means the world, b/c he means so much to me and I'm not ready to lose him omg im tearing up right now writing this.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first cat had urinary blockage too. After an expensive trip to the vet and a change to overpriced Iams prescription food, he recovered fully and lived to be 17. (I take new guy into the vet tomorrow morning to get snipped.)
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

awwwww

Poor kitteh. Poor you too with that vet bill!

I hope he gets back to his old self!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information