Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My kitty is sick

I woke up this morning with Monkey on my mind. I hope we get some good news today!

still no Monkey. and we had to pull the trap, my other cat was in it last nite at 2am. its 11am. tomorrow we're scheduled for rain, so i hope at least she's safe and dry.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I've got feral cats....they came with the house.....they get infections pretty frequently from fighting each other and they disappear for up to a week or more and then show up scarred, but infections gone.....don't lose hope....it's hard to kill a cat......

I've been thinking about Monkey today and was really hoping for some more positive news. I'm sorry she's not back yet. Are there any animal rescue places nearby that you could ring? Maybe someone found her and took her to get treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by roslyntaberfan View Post
    I've been thinking about Monkey today and was really hoping for some more positive news. I'm sorry she's not back yet. Are there any animal rescue places nearby that you could ring? Maybe someone found her and took her to get treatment?
    one. there's a sanctuary near here. but they dont do rescues, but my mom in law went there since its by her house. i talked to my mailman, he knows Monkey, and delivers in a large area, he'll keep an eye out as well.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Msdebagain, I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

I don't want to chastise you, because you are already upset, and I also understand that each situation and circumstance is different, but I just can't leave this thread without saying this. Taking on an a pet comes with a responsibility and a loyalty you would have to a family member. I guess I find it hard to understand that a cat could be allowed to roam and end up in a fight without immediate veterinary attention. Having to hear cats fighting in the street and actually going outside to grab a neighbors cat who, on occasion was injured, I just guess I can't tolerate it.

However that doesn't take away that I really am so sorry msdebagain, I truly hope Monkey is hanging in there and will come home so you can get her the vet care she needs. It is an awful situation for the both of you. I have my fingers crossed from half-way-round the world she will come back to you.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    Msdebagain, I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

I don't want to chastise you, because you are already upset, and I also understand that each situation and circumstance is different, but I just can't leave this thread without saying this. Taking on an a pet comes with a responsibility and a loyalty you would have to a family member. I guess I find it hard to understand that a cat could be allowed to roam and end up in a fight without immediate veterinary attention. Having to hear cats fighting in the street and actually going outside to grab a neighbors cat who, on occasion was injured, I just guess I can't tolerate it.
    lets see. i'm trying not to be upset by this, but quite honestly I AM. monkey is 12 yrs old. when we got her, we had money, she had her shots, saw a vet. she's been spayed. she is a well cared for cat. its not her fault that i have gone on disability in the past 11 months, thereby cutting my income in half. its not her fault that we are honestly having hard times. should i have given her away because of this? my cat does NOT leave the yard, ever. she will however defend herself if attacked, like anyone would. how DARE you accuse me of anything less than being a good pet owner. i dont get other pets because of this. yes i'm pissed. maybe i'll calm down when my cat gets home. thanks alot.

maybe i'll just sit out of the thread for a bit until i calm down. you are damned right i'm upset. i came here for soothing words from friends not a lecture. you should have chosen another thread for your lecture. ugh.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Don't get riled, Ms.D, I'm thinking the response was from a young one who has no clue about life and how it happens while we are making other plans......

Pets are not people, no matter how much we like them.....
    Last edited by cynic; April 1st, 2008 at 04:05 PM.

We know you are a good pet owner,Msdebagain! Truly. Bad times call fall on anyone ,so please do not be judgmental. Cynic is right. We are waiting with you! Maybe she is consulting some cat-healer and will stroll in any time,demanding dinner!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Oh msdeb, Monkey looks just like our Suki. We lost her some years back. It's just like looking at her twin. I hope she comes back to you real soon.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

i'm more calm, still irked at 'someones' insensitivity.

monkey isnt back yet. thanks to all the rest of you for your support.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i'm more calm, still irked at 'someones' insensitivity.

monkey isnt back yet. thanks to all the rest of you for your support.
    I'm so sorry Monkey hasn't returned yet. Can you try the trap again and keep your other kitty inside?

I had a kitty a while ago who developed an abscess at the base of her tail after being bitten by another one of our other cats (he was part vampire, I tell you!). The vet squeezed it, and I gotta say, it was the most God awful smell I've ever smelled. I almost passed out. Maybe Monkey passed out somewhere from the smell too!

Cats are 'protective' of their owners in that they do tend to hide when they don't feel well. I always know my cat's triad disease is acting up if I can't find her. But there's no doubt Monkey loves you and will return when you least expect it!

My kitty and I are thinking of you.

i wish we could bring our other cat inside. when we moved in, he came with the house. we have tried before to get him in, he freaks out if he just steps inside.

hub is sure she's just somewhere licking her wounds. i hope everyone is right.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Still praying for you. Still praying for Monkey.

And we know you love Monkey. It's a tough call when you have to decide between putting food on the table and taking a furbaby to the vet. I've been there, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Here's hoping tonight brings good news!

i just posted an ad on craigslist.
    couldnt hurt. i put it in the lost and found

Missing - beautiful Black and White Cat

ETA: i worded the ad the way i did so i wouldnt get negative responses from mean people.
    Last edited by msdeb; April 1st, 2008 at 09:15 PM.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information