Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My kitty :(

Awww honey, I am SO SO sorry!
    I really do feel for you!!!!!!!

My thoughts are with you and your baby kitty right now, I have been there...last summer my girl got VERY sick, had to take her to the ER vet and then we went through the horrible pill swallowing, etc, etc. It is SO hard to watch your animals suffer.

Keep us all posted on kitty's health.

well.. better she gets it out than it stays bunged in her
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

The vet just called --the bad one, not the good one. He says she has an E.Coli infection of the lower urinary tract and that the antibiotics should clear it up. She seems to be doing a bit better--had a hard time with the pill last night though. I told the vet about the frothing at the mouth and he was like "oh yeah, that happens all the time--i guess i should have told you about that".

Fuckwit.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Gawd, what a chore....we put pills into little bits of hotdog or cheese, but I have dogs not cats, I imagine it's harder with them.

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry about your kitty! Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

She's very beautiful, by the way.

Not sure if this will help, but when I've had a hard time getting my kids to swallow medicine I blew in their face.
    It made them swallow.

Guess what i found on the bathroom floor tonight? Damn cat--she had me tricked into thinking she swallowed the pill, but nooooooooooo! I think it was the first one i tried to give her, when she was scratching at me. I think the other ones i gave her went down--but who knows, i might find a collection of them under the couch or something.

I actually have been blowing in her face ! When i get the pill in there i rub her throat and blow.
    I gave her her water treatment tonight (didn't do it last night, was too tired). It probably doesn't work this fast, but 15 minutes later, she actually ran! Ok, trotted, but i haven't seen her do that in ages. Then she went and chowed down .

Lots of kitty friends are comparatively easy to pill, but it's so hard to medicate kitties when they fight you. I will admit that sometimes in the past, I have just given up, and they have lived in spite of it. That said, I have had results with gently coming up upon a kitty from behind, ending up with his or her hind end and tummy between my thighs. They can't back up or move sideways. Then you only have to worry about the fangs and front claws. Position both of you so the cat is facing a sliding glass door or window, if possible, then open those beautiful jaws and toss the pill in, or use the piller. This was the only way I could ever pill Slim, or The Big Lug. The faster you do it, the less you both suffer.
    My prayers are with you both still. But, if there is enough energy to fight hard, then she is probably getting better. Let both of your hearts listen to each other and guide you... regarding medication vs. comfort.
    Just prayers and love...

Also it may help if you hold her head/throat in a normal "sitting" position, with her mouth held gently shut, while watching for her to swallow, if that is what you do. It can be hard to swallow if your head is being forced to look at the ceiling. I tried this on myself to test it, and immediately changed my technique. LOLOL
    Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and good thoughts. It means a lot to me. My kitty is my child if you know what i mean and i'm sure a lot of you do .

Good luck for you and you kitty!

We're on holiday from tomorrow, had to take Mrs F to the cattery today. Woke up to hubbo telling me cat has a lump on her face, lo and behold she was all swollen up but seemed ok. Luckily we managed to get a vet appointment for the morning. I was worried it could be a tooth problem or something major, soon discovered it was an abcess from a bite- not before it popped over me though!

We had to take her to the cattery bleeding and mewling, it was quite upsetting but she will be ok- we had to pay 50 to get her antibiotic injections. The cattery were very understanding, I was very glad! Had visions of cancelling holidays because of the cat

Why do they always throw such unexpected curveballs?

I found another pill on the floor.

I'm seriously wondering if she's swallowed ANY of them .

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I found another pill on the floor.

I'm seriously wondering if she's swallowed ANY of them .
    Try the stuffing pill in tuna trick-she might gobble it down so fast she won't know. Or crush it up & hide in tuna. Just put pill between 2 pieces of plasic & squash with a glass.Stir it all up in tuna.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but when I've had a hard time getting my kids to swallow medicine I blew in their face.
    It made them swallow.

I have 3 kitties, and this is EXACTLY what I have to do in order to get them to take a pill. You have to grab them from behind, put the pill in their mouth and IMMEDIATELY put your hands around their top and bottom jaws so that they cannot open their mouth. Then GENTLY blow into their nose. Eventually they WILL swallow the pill.

At first the cat will resist (as a cat will), but it will give in and once it starts to feel better will not fight you at all.

I just can't do this. I can't get it down, she is so panicked that i can't keep her jaw closed and she's fighting and scratching. I have her in a towel and i'm still not able to hold her. I'm using a pill shooter and even that won't get it in. And now she's frothing at the mouth again.

I just don't know what to do. I've tried everything-- and i've found the evidence that at least 2 of the pills i thought she swallowed, she didn't. Now i feel horrible too, that she hasn't been getting her medication and it's all my fault.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^Maybe you could call the vet and see if they have any suggestions? I'm sorry you're going through this. But the good news is you're baby sounds like a fighter, and that's just how she needs to be right now.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information