Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My dog is very sick... maybe dying

Wow!! That is so funny about the coins being in a perfect stack. How weird! I hope that Daisy continues to show improvement!!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Oh wow... so she's okay?!?!?!

tkdgirl, I'm praying for you and your girl. I'm glad she's showing improvement. Improvement is what we like to hear!!

*sending good energy your way*
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

SB- yeah, the vet tech thought I rolled the stack in peanut butter and gave it to her as a treat. Funny, but I never stack coins. My theory is that they ended up that way over time.

Just Jill Me, she is holding her own but not free and clear yet.

Holding is good. Peeing is good. Your vet sounds like a dream. More positive thoughts your way!

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    SB- yeah, the vet tech thought I rolled the stack in peanut butter and gave it to her as a treat. Funny, but I never stack coins. My theory is that they ended up that way over time.

Just Jill Me, she is holding her own but not free and clear yet.
    genius vet tech Reminds me of when an old filling came apart in my mouth when I was visiting my Grandmother and she was like, "Are you sure its a filling? Have you been eating any tinfoil?"

Oh yeah, Gran, all the time

I'm glad to hear theres at least a chance she will make a recovery. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Well, I've decided in my head that she's going to be okay, damnit. Like when my sister's cat ate thread and went through all kinds of scariness.
    I hope she's okay and I'm sending a ton of warm fuzzies out into the ether for yall.

Lola, tinfoil??? HAHAHAHAHAA! Maybe that was the way to get some heavy metal into the daily diet back in the day.

Just Kill Me, I've also decided she's going to be good. The gusto she showed in eating steak last night proved to me she is not ready to leave such a cushy set up with me!

Chalet, yes, my vet is a dream. I can not rave enough about him and his staff. Such a HUGE difference from the previous vet I had- and left. I remember when I first took Daisy to see him three years ago. She has some sort of rash thingy on her nose. He wasn't sure what was causing it and said he'd investigate and call me. Well, I've heard those promises before so didn't expect much. Sure enough a few days later, he called, apologized for not calling sooner (explained he had some pet emergencies, etc.) but that he knew what was causing the rash. I knew at that point, I found a vet that truly cared about my dog.

When he called me last night to discuss the surgery, etc., he said he would do what was necessary, including pushing other surgeries back. His exact words were, 'for Daisy and for you, I will do anything'.

I am blessed that me and my pets found him. He saved my favorite cat from dying two years ago. She has triad disease. He was also there when I lost my two other cats last summer, one to lung cancer, and one to grief over losing his buddy. When my last cat had an attack of triad this past fall, he and his staff did everything to make sure her episode was nipped in the bud. They did not want to see my lose my last cat.

And I think that's why they've been so good with Daisy. They know how I love my pets and would do anything for them. They're doing the same thing for them, and for me.

Aww...she has to make it now. With care takers like that, she can't disappoint them~
    Playful~

Here's to a complete recovery!!! I hope she continues to progress

Josie ate a corncob and it was in her stomach for two or three months.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Wow!! That is so funny about the coins being in a perfect stack. How weird! I hope that Daisy continues to show improvement!!
    Yep! I laughed and said I know that dog is Dutch... she refused to part with that money! Hometown reference there.

KrisNine, a corncob???? OUCH!!!!

Glad the surgery went well, tkdgirl! The vet sounds great-it's very important to have a vet you can trust under those circumstances.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Awww!!! That's quite a talent to get the coins lined up!! I'm so pleased she's doing well!

UPDATE: Daisy is home!!! She was so excited to see me and to leave the vet. LOL. She's upbeat and excited, which she hasn't been for a few weeks. She'll go back on Saturday for another Epigen shot to stimulate her bone marrow, and for another blood workup. Please pray her numbers are continuing to climb!

I'll scan in the coins and post the pic tomorrow just so you can see how corroded they became.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support. And Daisy says thank you too!!!!

We are all happy!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information