Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My dog is dying....

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your kind words. This was not an easy weekend for me, and your sentiments really helped.

I was such on mess on Saturday, I ran into my husband's cousin that I don't like very much, and quite frankly, she isn't a very nice person, and I burst out crying in the middle of Wal-Mart. Not my best moment.

But on Sunday, I decided to write Bailey's Story, kinda like Marley & Me. I think it's helped tremendously to write it all down. My sons never knew some of thing funny things she did before they came around and they laughed out loud when I read it to them. I'm up to 25 pages.

I went all yesterday without crying. I'm even kinda looking at dogs at the shelter.

...just read your earlier post....I'm sorry about your doggie, I'd take a little bit longer to miss her before you get a new one, or the new puppy won't be as much fun to raise while dealing with your loss of Bailey.....now you've got me wanting a puppy again.........I could use the exercise, but I don't know if I'm up for the lack of sleep....

I'm so sorry. It is so hard. You really think the pain won't go away, but everyday a little of the pain goes and opens your heart up to love another lil' fur ball again.

The day I had to put mine down I stayed home and turned the phone off, shut the curtains and cried like a baby all day.. just wept for my lil' girl.

I'm so sorry. RIP Bailey.

When you're ready this site had some great poems, but don't read unless you're ready to cry.
    Pet Loss Grief Support, Rainbow Bridge, Monday Candle Ceremony,

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for your kind words. This was not an easy weekend for me, and your sentiments really helped.

I was such on mess on Saturday, I ran into my husband's cousin that I don't like very much, and quite frankly, she isn't a very nice person, and I burst out crying in the middle of Wal-Mart. Not my best moment.

But on Sunday, I decided to write Bailey's Story, kinda like Marley & Me. I think it's helped tremendously to write it all down. My sons never knew some of thing funny things she did before they came around and they laughed out loud when I read it to them. I'm up to 25 pages.

I went all yesterday without crying. I'm even kinda looking at dogs at the shelter.
    My friend Wanda had a little white doggy-I forget what kind-but when she died,Wanda called the rescure group for the same breed. They matched her up with a same breed female who had just lost her owner! It was a wonderful relationship-they both needed each other.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hey LW,

See? THAT'S the spirit!!!

#1- writing down Bailey's story keeps her memory alive and makes you and your family laugh with all her crazy and funny antics!

#2- looking like it's therapeutic. It's not all boggled in your mind--it's written down cohesively and you won't have to worry that you'll forget something as it was already written down.

And if you are eventually going to get a new dog, just think that you're doing one of Bailey's fellow comrades a favor by taking them out of the shelter. Bailey will appreciate that.

Godspeed LW.
    Go Habs Go!!

Louis, I am so sorry. Hugs to you, my friend.

I love the idea of writing down the story of Bailey. You never realize just how many funny moments they bring to your life. When you and your family read it, it will bring such joy to you.

Sometimes, another pet to look after helps you heal. You can honor Bailey by doing something like adopting from the shelter or making a shelter donation this Christmas in her name

Aw, Louis! I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful Bailey. She knew she was loved, and that's what's most important.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm glad to see you are feeling a little bit better, LW. Hang in there.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this, I truly am. I hope things get better for you in the coming months, allow yourself time to grieve.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I'm going with taking on another dog to love....maybe through a shelter. He/she will help you heal and you will help the dog as well.

I think my cat ran away for good and am thinking of doing the same thing.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

I have been out of the loop for a while, and just read bout your baby. I am so sorry.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information