Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My dog is dying....

Here are more pics. Forgive me in pic 2. It must have been a REAL bad day for me.

Great pictures, you have a beautiful family. That picture with Bailey and your sons is adorable.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I'm so sorry Louis. Losing a pet is so difficult. My 16 year old cat is also dying and i know what you are going through.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ....my sympathies as well.....part of the reason I don't have dogs any more is that I can't stand to lose them....but they never really leave you....I still hear a little dachshund's pitter patter of paws on harwood floors and have once in a while heard him flap his ears to get my attention.....he's been gone 22 years and I miss him like it was yesterday....

But 13 is a good, long dog's life and he is loved and taken better care of than a lot of people.....I will wish for a painless passing.....
    This just made me cry. That's how i feel at the moment--that i can't go through losing another pet. It is so painful that i think "this is just not worth it". I can't imagine not having an animal in my family though. You;re right, they never leave us.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^^Pain is the price we pay for love. Not fair, but it is.

Please accept my sympathies. I know how heartbreaking this is. I'm really sorry to hear this.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah,Louis,i am so sorry..your beautiful family will miss her too.
    You gave her the best you could ,just love her till the end.I hope it will be painless..i cant imagine how it will be when my cats time will come..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I had two elderly cats die within a year of each other and it damned near killed me. Plus a lot of my friends' old cats and dogs died around the same time. I'm just dreading the day my adopted stray of indeterminate years starts getting seriously ill as he's already going downhill a little.

What a beautiful dog and ur kids are adorable!!!! Roxy sends her woof woof blessings!

You have a gorgeous family! Poor doggie! I hope she'll pull through for a while. My best wishes to you!

OMG, I'm still cracking up w/ the dog's antler's at Christmas time!!! ROTFLMAO!!! Believe me, I'm sure your dog felt included and involved in everything in your lives. I love how she appears to be smiling in the photographer's photos.

She certainly knows she's a loved dog and is in a loving family.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I lost Mulan my grandpuppy in March, seems like only yesterday, she was only 6, it's something that happens to shar-pei's.

Louis - I have to say your Bailey looks so well loved. And she does look like she's smiling. Don't count her out yet, she probably doesn't even know she's sick. They sent me home with Harriett and said she wouldn't make it.. that was in 2005 and she's still with me.

Gosh I'm so sad for you, this is such a hard time.

Thinking of you... love the pictures.

What great pictures! She definitely knows she's one of you. I hope you get lots more time with beautiful Bailey.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. I am sure she knows how much you all love her.
    Keep us posted

Love her as much as you can for as long as you have her. Beautiful dog.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

This afternoon, we put Bailey down. Everything was great until yesterday, when I woke up and it was time for her to go out, we got to the top of the stairs and she just stopped and looked at me. So I carried her down the stairs and she went outside. I found her an hour later, just standing in the yard, trembling like it was 4th of July. I carried her in and put her on the couch, where she stayed the rest of the day. Hubby called me at work (he gets home before I do) and said she looked really bad. I got home and noticed she hadn't eaten or drank anything. I stayed up with her last night and fed her ice cubes to try to stay hydrated. She wouldn't go to sleep, at all. She hobbled around all night until her legs would give out and she'd fall. This morning, we wouldn't take the ice cubes. She just layed there. So we took her in when the boys got home from school. My youngest didn't want to go, he wanted to stay home. When we got to the vet, my hubby couldn't stay in the room, he had to leave. I wouldn't leave. I couldn't let her go by herself. I sat and held her head. She didn't even flinch when the injection went in, and she would have because she was a HUGE baby. She would howl if you tried to clip her toenails. Just go near them and she would cry and wimper. My son didn't leave the room either. I don't know if he stayed for him or me. And the we held each other and wept.

I really thought I would be doing better than I am now. I had time to prepare. I knew it was coming. I just feel so empty. Like there is something missing inside. Tonight we had our first spill and I yelled out, "Bay!" She always cleaned up our spills. I don't even know how to clean up a spill on my own anymore. We have hardwood floor in the kitchen and I keep thinking I'm hearing her footsteps on the floor. She was just always THERE. With us at bedtime, dinner, everywhere. Every holiday picture we took, some part of her is in the picture. Whether it's her ear or her tail, she was always there.

I had no idea I would feel this bad. My childhood dog died when I was 18 and I didn't feel as terrible as I do now. I just feel very lonely. I feel like a part of me is missing.
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; November 15th, 2008 at 08:20 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information