Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My cat Spooky 1990-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... you planted a ca?

*visions of a shrub with cat head flowers, all meowing*
    Yeah, I thought it sounded a little nicer than buried.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Bronze Member

I am tearing up as I read this thread!

I had to put down my black kitty, Wally (also age 17 and I had had him since he was a tiny kitten) last October. After I returned from the vet that day, I remember sitting on the sofa and literally wailing out loud with grief - it hurt so damn much.

For weeks I felt so unnatural in my home all alone - I just did not know how to act without Wally...

Be kind to yourself and don't feel silly for grieving Spooky - you've lost one of your best friends and only time can ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy10021 View Post

I had to put down my black kitty, Wally (also age 17 and I had had him since he was a tiny kitten) last October. After I returned from the vet that day, I remember sitting on the sofa and literally wailing out loud with grief - it hurt so damn much.

For weeks I felt so unnatural in my home all alone - I just did not know how to act without Wally...

Be kind to yourself and don't feel silly for grieving Spooky - you've lost one of your best friends and only time can ease the pain.
    OMG I did the same thing..I was suppose to go back to work and there was NO way.. I just sat on the couch and stared out the window and cried.. all day.

aww , we had our family cat Gonzo put down over 10 years ago and it still makes me sad....he literally grew up with me and was as much a part of the family as me or my sister or mum or dad was.
    Everybody cried that day.

There's no shame in it- the little furry bastards take over your life!

I'm so sorry for your loss

I am so,so sorry your darling had to go,how empty the house must be without her.It is ok to mourn for her,i just dont know what i ll do when the time comes for my darlings.
    Cant imagine life would be like without my King,s loving bites,his warm furry fat body on my lap ,on my pillow..
    Be brave sweet ,you wont forget her,but the pain will ease with time.
    You were both lucky to share those years..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spy10021 View Post

Awww......just like Spooky! She was born the week of Halloween too, and was completely spooked by everyone and everything, hence her name. But she was all black and I also had her since she was a tiny kitten. Its so weird with out her here.

And I am trying to dig out my favorite picture of her. She was sitting on our steps and had gotten into something so she had this semi long thin piece of paper hanging out of her mouth---it looked like a cigarette! It was so funny.

Lynnie my heart goes out to you.I am deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

Aw, Lynnie, that was the most touching thing I've read in a while. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I loved the stories about Spooky so much, I fell in love with her posthumously.

It will take forever to stop looking for her when you get home at night. I still dive under the kitchen table to hug my dog and he's been dead for four years now! I wish you strength and patience with yourself.

Meanwhile, tell us more anecdotes.

This will be my last post in this thread, since I realize I know I need to go on..

I do thank everyone for their kind thoughts.

But mostly, I want to say to everyone that I am truly sorry if you have gone through this (and many of you have). This is certainly not easy and I doubt I will be able to really feel like myself again for quite some time.

Thank you for sharing your stories.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

awwwww Rest in Peace Spooky

Lynnie, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Spooky. That she chose to share her life with you for seventeen years is in itself a wonderful thing; that's a grand age for a cat, isn't it?

What you and Mr. Lynnie did towards the end of Spooky's life here was the greatest and most selfless gift you could have given her; you spared her from suffering and misery.

I do understand how that hurts. I had to do the same thing when my beloved Sneak (a red-fronted kakariki) became gravely ill. It tore me in two different directions, as I am sure you understand, but we must always go in the direction that eases the life of the friend we chose to adopt.

Sneak and the late Newman...the calm before the storm...and then Sneak a split second later..."I warned you!"

^awwwwwwwwwwwwww omg cute!

I hope all your happy memories of her will bring you comfort.

yeah and take comfort in the fact that you gave Spook such a wonderful life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information