Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My cat has verbal diarrhoea

Here is a little tidbit on the whisker thing:

Cat Whiskers are Super Sensitive

A catís whiskers are super sensitive. In fact, the catís whiskers are so superbly programmed that if they move even 1/2000th of the width of a human hair, a signal is triggered and sent to the catís brain. Cat experts think this could be the reason for a domestic catís need to always have their chow bowl filled to the top.When the food level is too low, a cat is forced to put her face down into the bowl causing her whiskers to brush up against the sides. This whisker stress might cause discomfort for your cat and may explain why she is so adamant to have herbowl always filled.

Elite Member

^^Damn! Cats are like Space Aliens. They've been sent here to gather information with all their sensitive probing devises and send it back to the mother ship. Yes, they are too freaky for me.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

^^I think they are little aliens. All these years and I still can't figure them out completely. I only have the one little guy now and he's 14. Still as strange as he was the day I met him. This is the only cat I've ever had that everyone wants to steal. He's so sweet and lovable. But, at 2 a.m., he decides to take a shit in his box, run about ten hot laps through the house (up and down the stairs), then take the corner into the master bath a little too sharp (bunching up the rug by the shower), where he then announces that he has taken a massive crap by doing the strange meow that sounds like a wow-wow.
    Brookie likes this.

^Thanks Kris, that's really interesting. But my boy doesn't seem to have a problem sticking his snout into the bowl to pick up the food, it's only once it's in his mouth he won't chew and swallow it, he'd rather drop it on the floor. Still, I might try buying him a flatter bowl and see if that helps.

And mine also likes to boast every time he takes a dump, as if I can't smell it from the other end of the house. I'm so glad crystal litter was invented - that stuff is the best for masking disgusting cat smells.
    Brookie likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

oh yeah boris also does the taking food out of his bowl, dropping it on the floor next to it, and eating it from there.
    and i think the running laps and jumping up and down on shit in the middle of the night is pretty standard for cats.
    i also think boy cats are naughtier than females.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    oh yeah boris also does the taking food out of his bowl, dropping it on the floor next to it, and eating it from there.
    and i think the running laps and jumping up and down on shit in the middle of the night is pretty standard for cats.
    i also think boy cats are naughtier than females.
    I have found this true whatever the species.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^Thanks Kris, that's really interesting. But my boy doesn't seem to have a problem sticking his snout into the bowl to pick up the food, it's only once it's in his mouth he won't chew and swallow it, he'd rather drop it on the floor. Still, I might try buying him a flatter bowl and see if that helps.

And mine also likes to boast every time he takes a dump, as if I can't smell it from the other end of the house. I'm so glad crystal litter was invented - that stuff is the best for masking disgusting cat smells.
    For whatever reason, my cats take their food across the room to the water bowl and drop it in there. Looks like tiny turds floating around in there. I hoped that by moving the water bowl elsewhere that this wouldn't happen, but I guess they enjoy flavored water or something.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^I think they are little aliens. All these years and I still can't figure them out completely. I only have the one little guy now and he's 14. Still as strange as he was the day I met him. This is the only cat I've ever had that everyone wants to steal. He's so sweet and lovable. But, at 2 a.m., he decides to take a shit in his box, run about ten hot laps through the house (up and down the stairs), then take the corner into the master bath a little too sharp (bunching up the rug by the shower), where he then announces that he has taken a massive crap by doing the strange meow that sounds like a wow-wow.
    Mine does the same thing! I do not know why they feel the need to announce it to the household when they've had a massive poop. I guess they feel better and have all this energy!
    KrisNine and dexter7 like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

OK this is pretty strange but it's proof that iPads can do anything! My chatty boy cat was wandering around my feet chirping away so I decided to try filming it (they're both camera shy). He talked for a bit so then I decided to film him doing his eating/dropping/yowling routine because I took everyone's advice and got them cute new bowls but he was still doing the same thing and had half a cup of food sitting there since last night. As soon as I called him over and held up the iPad he sat down and polished off the rest of the bowl without so much as glancing in my direction. It's a miracle! I love you ipad xx
    McJag, shedevilang and sputnik like this.

wait, did you show him the video of himself or did you just film him eating?
    boris loves my ipad but only as a pillow. he'll recline on it while i'm trying to type.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I filmed him eating. It was so weird, I was holding the iPad tucked under my arm and he was carrying on as usual but it was when I pointed it towards him that he started chomping.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Here is a little tidbit on the whisker thing:

Cat Whiskers are Super Sensitive

A cat’s whiskers are super sensitive. In fact, the cat’s whiskers are so superbly programmed that if they move even 1/2000th of the width of a human hair, a signal is triggered and sent to the cat’s brain. Cat experts think this could be the reason for a domestic cat’s need to always have their chow bowl filled to the top.When the food level is too low, a cat is forced to put her face down into the bowl causing her whiskers to brush up against the sides. This whisker stress might cause discomfort for your cat and may explain why she is so adamant to have herbowl always filled.
    This is good information. I have yelled at her so many times for bugging me to re-fill her bowl only to look in the bowl and see plenty food in the bowl. Don't judge me for yelling, the mofo jumps on my chest or sits on my computer.

The thing I am struggling with now is getting her to drink water.
    Last edited by dougie; August 19th, 2013 at 08:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information