Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My cat is driving me crazy with puking!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I agree to feed your cat several times a day. If I'm late putting the food out in the morning, my Seal Point will eat so fast, then throw it up. Let us know how it goes. Sorry for you and your cat. I feel your pain.

Edit: Try separating the food and water bowls if they aren't already. My cats has their water bowls in the living room. One food bowl is in our bed room, and another in the hall way. I have to separate my cats foods. My Russian Blue has to eat mostly soft food because she rarely drinks, and has a weight problem. They never liked their water bowl right beside their food.
    The water bowl is separate, mostly because he won't drink out of his own bowl. He wants to drink out of the dogs bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    puzzle feeders, limited feedings.

So what if he's roaming around whinging for food? He'll quickly learn that he gets fed at regular intervals. I have to do this with mine because Alice has IBS - she got really sick recently, and was vomiting all the time because her stomach was so inflamed. She's now on Ziwipeak, a meat-only food. It's expensive but it's cheaper than long stays at the vets! And it's making her much happier and healthier.
    Normally, I would say it's fine, but he's a vocal fucker!! He'll roam and roam and wake all of us up. Then, we started closing the bedroom doors and he goes crazy. Honestly, he wakes us up so much

I keep 3 water bowls around the house - one in the back bedroom, one in the bathroom, and the bigger one in the kitchen. My cats are a herd of fucking weirdohs when it comes to water - they'll knock the bowls over, move them around the room, splash the water out of it, and deposit pieces of dry food in the kitchen bowl (and it's across the room from the food).
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    That's exactly what's happening here. He barely chews and the food is practically just pile of semi-softened kibble. It's easy to clean, most of the time. If he happens to hit the carpet, then it's a pain. Plus, he just yaks wherever he happens to be. So, he's puked on the sofa.
    This is my dear, departed pregnant teenage runaway puking Angora. Filled with anxiety. She also licked all the fur off her abdomen at one point and was covered with sores. The kids also made her nervous and she would hiss at them - while our other cat got along with them great. She eventually got over both the puking and the licking but I can't remember how it happened. After my mom lost her Himalayan, we gave her this cat. It was a great match because she followed my mom everywhere. When I talked to my mom at night, I could actually hear the cat purring over the phone. Good times.

I have never heard of scarf and barf, that is exactly what my cat does too. He is a rescue who was found after his owner died and they think went at least a week without food. He's insane, I kinda think he took a bite or two of his old owner.
    KrisNine and Bluebonnet like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

So, here's what we did. My daughter got a toy that had the little figures all stored in separate compartments. My SO took the packaging and put the cat food in it. So, there are 9 little compartments, all about the size of an ice cube, and the cat has to slowly eat out of that. So far, so good. No barf in about five days. We wanted to try this before buying a feeder, in case it didn't work. I'm guessing the feeder will work, so we're going to buy one.
    fgg and Bluebonnet like this.

Great that it's working. If you happen to have a bundt pan in your kitchen you might want to try that as well.

We don't have a bundt pan, but we have a mini muffin tin that we might try.
    Bluebonnet and Witchywoman like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information