Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My beautfiul dog, Daisy, has passed away

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

awwwwwwwwwww im sooooo very sorry tkdgirl u know she's not suffering anymore and you gave a her a wonderful life while she was here! everything will be ok, you will be ok, just let yourself grieve and take care of yourself like you did your beautiful girl

I'm so so sorry. She was a beauty.

Tkd, I'm SO sorry for your loss. Losing so many friends in that short of a time frame, you've brought tears to my eyes.

When I lost my cat Amos a couple of years ago to kitty leukemia, a dear friend gave me the following poem. It helped me a little. My thoughts are with you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I AM SO SORRY to hear this. I really am!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I am so sorry. Really, I am teared up right now I feel so sad for you.

Pain is the price we pay for love.

Thank you Sweetie, Crumpet, Cherry, Alice, Chalet, SB, heathersharon, HMRhonda, Morticia, Stylejunkie, McJag, SweetPea, effie, and everyone else.

I had some Daisies and a card waiting for me at work today. I put a picture of Daisy next to the flowers... and I smile, though a bit misty-eyed.

Take as much time to grieve over her as you need-some people really don't understand how important our pets become to us.

It's been almost three years since my dog passed away, and I STILL well up thinking about him sometimes.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Love,
    All your friends at GR and their beloved Pets.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

its ok, I wish i could hug you so bad right now, but i know the pain in your heart is deep and will be hard to get over, but you do have friends here to talk to for comfort and you really should try to think about the fact that you gave her such a wonderful life and that there are so many animals out there who are abused and neglected (like the cats I've adopted) so you were an angel to her while she was here! And thats a comforting thought, that you gave her a wonderful time here on earth and love that a lot of less fortunate pets dont get to have. maybe sometime in the future you'll be able to adopt another pet and give that kind of love b/c i can tell that you're a wonderful caretaker and any animal would be fortunate to share a life with you

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    its ok, I wish i could hug you so bad right now, but i know the pain in your heart is deep and will be hard to get over, but you do have friends here to talk to for comfort and you really should try to think about the fact that you gave her such a wonderful life and that there are so many animals out there who are abused and neglected (like the cats I've adopted) so you were an angel to her while she was here! And thats a comforting thought, that you gave her a wonderful time here on earth and love that a lot of less fortunate pets dont get to have. maybe sometime in the future you'll be able to adopt another pet and give that kind of love b/c i can tell that you're a wonderful caretaker and any animal would be fortunate to share a life with you
    Thank you, AiW. I brought puppy pictures to share with friends today at work, and recalled fondly all the great memories Daisy and Ishared. In many ways, Daisy and I rescued each other. She was alone in the humane society, no mom, no sibs. And there I was, alone, no mom (who had passed away the year before) and no sibs (who live far away). We were meant for each other. She brought so much joy into my life, I shall remember it all fondly and even shed a tear or two.

Funny side story... Friday, after Daisy passed, I had three friends come over, one of whom brought tons of wine. Another brought chocolate. All knew and took care of Daisy at one point in time. So we drank and drank and drank and drank. Little did my friends know, I hadn't had any food. And you know what THAT means. We were talking about Daisy, I started crying and then WHAM... ran to bathroom and lost the wine. And kept losing the wine until 4am that next morning. Today, when I passed the wine aisle, I cringed, and in a funny way, thought of Daisy. I know the memories of that day will A: make me eat if I know I'm going to drink a bottle of wine and B: Likely never drink that much wine again. See, Daisy IS looking out for me!

Lastly, someone sent me this beautiful piece by Rudyard Kipling:

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog
    As loyal and loving as mine
    To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes
    And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog
    Would have followed Him all through the day
    While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
    And knelt in the garden to pray.
    It is sad to remember that Christ went away
    To face death alone and apart
    With no tender dog following close behind
    To comfort its Master’s Heart.
    And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn
    How happy He would have been
    As His dog kissed His hands and barked its delight
    For The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine
    The old pal so dear to me
    And I smile through my tears on this first day alone
    Knowing they’re in eternity.
    Day after day, the whole day through
    Wherever my road inclined
    Four feet said, “I am coming with you!”
    And trotted along behind.

Rudyard Kipling

I am so sorry. You and Daisy were angels for each other. That poem made me cry out loud, thank you for letting us have it.

That poem made me cry so much. It's beautiful. I'm glad you have so many wonderful memories of Daisy.

AWWWWWW im tearing up here again tkd i really do feel your pain, but what you gave Daisy is saintly to say the least , what a miracle adoption is! and you're an angel for doing it with love like that, she was one lucky dog!!!! *omg im seriously wimpering here* but its a happy cry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information