Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Mini Pinschers good dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by spayneuterlady View Post
    Margreyetta, I apologize in advance if what I am going to say offends you, but.....

A dog is not a fashion accessory or something to be tossed into a designer bag and carried around. It's no fun for the animal, and frankly, it reflects badly on you.

If you do get a small dog, please consider adopting from one of the countless rescue groups who specialize in purebreds. Do NOT buy from a pet shop - even the swankiest most expensive ones get their supply from puppy mills. If you insist on getting one from a breeder, go directly to the breeder and make sure you see the set-up, the parents of the dog, how they care for them, etc. Never agree to the breeder coming to you or meeting you in a parking lot or whatever. That for sure means puppy mill.

I have three mutts that I picked up from the side of the road after some idiot abandoned them, and they are my best friends. In my eyes, they are "pure" - pure love.

I'll take my soapbox and go home now.
    Good advice, and I like your name

Imagine being stuffed in a bag when you want to be running/walking about

I knew some people who got a min pin. It was very hyper and not a snuggler. It was such a pain in the ass that they gave it away after a couple months.

I have a mini daschund (a wiener dog) and he is the best. If he could sleep in my lap all day he would. And he's got the funniest personality. He's a little stubborn, but he's a good boy. He sleeps under the covers too, its precious.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    I knew some people who got a min pin. It was very hyper and not a snuggler. It was such a pain in the ass that they gave it away after a couple months.

I have a mini daschund (a wiener dog) and he is the best. If he could sleep in my lap all day he would. And he's got the funniest personality. He's a little stubborn, but he's a good boy. He sleeps under the covers too, its precious.
    I just saw one last week at a store-she was sitting on her persons lap! Her name was Gracie and she was a sweetie!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Someone mentioned Bichons....I think they are so gorgeous, and I hear they are not yappy?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I once saw two min-pins running in the middle of the road near my mother's house. She was driving and pulled over so we could 'help' them....keep them from getting run over. Well, when I got out they came running after me and tried to attack me! I went to the home where I know they lived and told the ownders. Eeek!

Crumpet is 1/2 shitzu so she's not that extreme. She just doesn't like strangers getting up in her grill. When she knows you, you can't keep her off your lap! I met her parents and the father (the red min-pin) was so high strung he was never allowed to come in the same room as us where the puppies were. All he did was jump and bark.

I really don't think it's awful having little dogs that are portable. Dogs like Crumpet really want to go everywhere with me, even to work if I'd let her. It doesn't always mean having them stuffed in a little bag for hours on end.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got so mad when someone asked me if I was going to carry my Pug around in a purse! I got a Pug because I have been in love with them since I was a child. I love their personalities! I waited for years to adopt one, so I would be home more and we'd have a nicer home and fenced yard. It was worth the wait!
    If I wanted an accessory to carry around, I have a cute little stuffed Pug dog that fits in my purse!

My boyfriend's family has a Bichon and his sister just got one of her own. The family dog is kind of a grumpy old man, but he is like 10. He's a good dog though. The sister's puppy is adorable. When I saw him, he was only 2 or 3 months old. He was really well behaved. He just slept on the couch while we ate lunch. He's too cute.

My dog likes to go in the car with me, he's really good in the car. I only bring him with me if I'm not getting out of the car, or hopping out for a split second. I don't like leaving him in the car alone, I don't think it's nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information