Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man hits dog with hammer to euthanize, doesn't work

I couldn't even put my guinea pig out of her misery at the end when she was sick and dying of cancer. I took her to the vet and he did it for free. Then I brought her back home and buried her in the backyard.

I couldn't imagine hitting any animal with a fucking hammer. Especially not a dog who loves me and trusts me to take care of him.

Gawd.

WTF? Poor baby! I can't imagine what kind of pain she must have been in, and to be left like that, buried in the ground. What monsters! People like this make me sick.. it's one thing to hurt a fellow human being but to prey on animals.. and not just animals but PETS who've lived with you and come to rely on your for protection and sustenance and love.. that's just fucking disgusting.

Pieces of trash, plenty of money to eat out and probably buy cigarettes and booze, but forget spending any money on a mere animal!! Fuckers, I HATE BOTH OF THEM!!

Evil people Maybe slighty retarded too?

They should suffer the same punishment as poor Molly

They posted an update, that poor dog suffered from extreme long-term neglect and hadn't been fed in at least a week prior to being hit with the hammer. She weighed 56 pounds and should have weighed 70 - 90 pounds. I wish those 2 fuckers would be made to suffer what they put her through.

Dog buried alive suffered from long-term neglect, vet says - Washington County - Oregonlive.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    They posted an update, that poor dog suffered from extreme long-term neglect and hadn't been fed in at least a week prior to being hit with the hammer. She weighed 56 pounds and should have weighed 70 - 90 pounds. I wish those 2 fuckers would be made to suffer what they put her through.

Dog buried alive suffered from long-term neglect, vet says - Washington County - Oregonlive.com
    Fuckers is right. I hope they burn alive or something equally horrifying! I hate these two people.

Dog buried alive suffered from long-term neglect, vet says

by John Snell, The Oregonian Tuesday October 28, 2008, 2:32 PM

A dog that was buried alive suffered from long-term neglect, but showed no signs of the cancer its Forest Grove owners cited as the reason they tried to "euthanize" the animal, authorities said today.
    The owners -- Hyrum Long, 75, and his daughter, Susan Johnson, 50, -- were arrested Monday night on animal abuse charges. They were held overnight in the Washington County Jail and released on their own recognizance this morning, said Sgt. David Thompson, spokesman for the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

"I done a bad thing and I will take responsibility for it," Long said at his house today. "I want to apologize to people."
    Forest Grove police were called to Long's home in the 2200 block of Laurel Street on Friday afternoon after neighbors reported hearing a dog howling, said Capt. Aaron Ashbaugh, spokesman for the Forest Grove Police Department.
    Police found Molly, a badly injured Labrador mix, partly buried in Long's backyard. Ashbaugh said the animal's head was sticking out of the ground.
    A large cushion and a log was placed over the animal, but was later removed by neighbors who called police.
    Long and Johnson returned home and told police they had struck the dog in the head with a hammer in what they thought was a thrifty way to euthanize it. Long and Johnson told police they thought the dog was dead when they buried it in the yard and went out to dinner.
    The dog was taken to the Oregon Humane Society for emergency treatment, but was euthanized because of its head injury, said David Lytle, a Humane Society spokesman.
    Long told police he tried to put the dog down because he believed she had cancer. A spokesman for the Oregon Human Society said Dr. Kris Otteman, examined the dog's body after it was euthanized and found no obvious sign of the disease.
    "She was suffering an extreme case of long-term neglect," Otteman said, adding that Molly also had evidence of "a long-term lack of nutrition."
    Police said earlier that veterinarians believed Molly hadn't been fed in at least a week prior to her death. When she was examined at necropsy, Molly weighed 56 pounds. Dogs her size typically weigh between 70 and 90 pounds when they are fit, said Lytle.
    Lytle said the dog also had "a terrible skin condition - a loss of hair all over its body."

'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

So basically they tried starving the dog to death and when that didn't work they went for the hammer.

There better be criminal charges!! Although these people will never get what they really deserve.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I need to stay away from this thread. It makes me sick and sad. Not to mention extremely angry.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I need to stay away from this thread. It makes me sick and sad. Not to mention extremely angry.
    Me too, I would so like to do harm to these people. First that poor Yorkie, now this dog, and so many others we don't ever hear about. I just hate people who do stuff like this, they all need to die NOW!!

These two assholes should be starved,beaten with a hammer,and then buried alive just like they did to this poor dog. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    So basically they tried starving the dog to death and when that didn't work they went for the hammer.

There better be criminal charges!! Although these people will never get what they really deserve.
    Possible to write to the judge? Might be helpful if they know there's outrage far away about it.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Here's the most recent update. Chronic long-term starvation of the poor dog, and they are only charging that piece of shit bitch with a misdemeanor, unbelievable!!

Owner of dog hit with hammer pleads not guilty | Local News | kgw.com | News for Oregon and SW Washington

Owner of dog hit with hammer pleads not guilty

03:35 PM PST on Friday, November 7, 2008

By kgw.com Staff

HILLSBORO -- A woman under investigation for involvement in a failed euthanizing attempt on a dog with a hammer pleaded not guilty in court Friday to animal neglect charges.
    Watch KGW report

Hyrum Long, 75, and his daughter, 49-year-old Susan Johnson, were arrested last week by Forest Grove Police. Long was charged with felony aggravated animal abuse in the first degree. Johnson was charged with animal neglect in the first degree, a misdemeanor.

Forest Grove Police were called to a report of a dog buried alive at a house on Laurel Street last week. Police said they found the dog buried up to its neck with an obvious head injury in the back yard.

Long told KGW he thought the dog had cancer and they were trying to put it out of its misery. They buried Molly -- thinking she was dead. But a neighbor later heard the dog yelping and called 9-1-1.

"I took the best care of her, she has been sick for several years and I gave her the best I could give her,” Johnson said after pleading not guilty in a Washington County court Friday.

Officers dug Molly out of the ground still alive -- and Washington County Animal Control took her to the Humane Society, where the dog had to be euthanized.

Family members previously told KGW they didn't have the money to pay to euthanize their dog. Long said his daughter had been afraid to take the dog to a veterinarian due to concern she would be accused of animal abuse.

Long and Johnson claimed at the time they'd buried Molly in a hole "in an apparent attempt to limit the amount of blood on their property," police said.

Forest Grove Police Capt. Aaron Ashbaugh said a necropsy report from the Oregon Humane Society indicated the dog had suffered from a chronic skin disease, body sores from lying down for prolonged periods of time, long-term malnutrition and chronic starvation.

Ashbaugh said there were also indications the dog had not eaten for at least four to five days.

Long was due to appear in court Monday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information