Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maine Coon cat becomes world's longest domestic feline

I really like these big and fluffy cats. Maybe in the future, I will try to get one of these for my next cat.

Right now we have a grey mutt cat, named Gracey. She is 9 and she is pretty big and chunky. She weighs around 20 pounds, but is short haired with green eyes. I have never been a cat fan, but after having her a couple years, they have grown on me. Hubby brought her home to my middle daughter 9 years ago, just after her puppy, Patches, was ran over in front of our house.

Lynnie, Sweetie is identical to my Preston, it's uncanny.

My cat Preston/Bear I've always believed has Maine Coon in him. He's a beast coming in at about 16 lbs and every three months has to go get his bottom shaved because he can't handle himself lol.

My mother found him in the grass when he was less than a week old and I bottle fed/mommied him so he's extremely loving and just adores being around people. Surprisingly I was able to get onto my old Photobucket account, here's some pictures of him from when he was a baby:

All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i'm sure my cat is longer than that. i'm gonna measure him when i get home.

your cat is a fat ass lynnie how do you pick that thing up?! when i have kids im gonna get a maine coon too, though i'd like a beagle chihuahua instead but dogs are like children themselves.

You all have such nice looking pussies.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I've been told that...
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Lynnie, Sweetie is identical to my Preston, it's uncanny.

My cat Preston/Bear I've always believed has Maine Coon in him. He's a beast coming in at about 16 lbs and every three months has to go get his bottom shaved because he can't handle himself lol.

My mother found him in the grass when he was less than a week old and I bottle fed/mommied him so he's extremely loving and just adores being around people. Surprisingly I was able to get onto my old Photobucket account, here's some pictures of him from when he was a baby:

Aww...he's a real beaut! Love that guy--even though you have to 'groom' him! I have to groom my girl too. Such loves though! He's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i'm sure my cat is longer than that. i'm gonna measure him when i get home.

your cat is a fat ass lynnie how do you pick that thing up?! when i have kids im gonna get a maine coon too, though i'd like a beagle chihuahua instead but dogs are like children themselves.
    Yea, a total fat ass. She came to us like that---she was 4 when we adopted her, but loved her girth and how cool she was (and my youngest was 1 at the time and she didn't care how she manhandled her) so I would absolutely recommend a Maine Coon. They are terrific--for EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I've been told that...
    Holy shit me too.....people look at me strange when I pull a CAT out of a DOG carrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    You all have such nice looking pussies.
    Why thank you! *blushes*

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh my son is only 30 inches long, nevermind :p

Our Maine Coon, adopted after her owners were asked to remove their cats from their rented home, is an amazing guardian kitty.
    Whenever any of our other cats is threatened (by our dogs, usually) our Maine Coon shows up and attacks the offending party. It's an amazing thing to watch!. She is fearless and beautiful and definitely the guardian of her kitty herd.
    Things fall apart. It's scientific.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information