Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kittens Falling Down Slide

1. please, they didnt wander up to the slide and their mom didn't get them there to slide them off. they're not children. they were obviously pushed, as mtlebay also said.

2. im not talking about scaring cats and dogs by oops. i talking about people who sneak behind them on purpose.

1) You have no proof they were pushed, and the second kitten wandered down by itself. You see it happen on cam.

2) When's the last time you were successfully able to sneak up on a cat or dog when it wasn't sleeping?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

fgg

the cat probably had her babies up there and so that's where they are living and they slid down. also, it's not like they went flying down the slide, they were barely moving.

i agree with grimm, the mother wasn't freaked out so we shouldn't be. not a big deal.

I wouldn't call it abuse, poor kitty when he/she fell though

I thought it's funny. Don't see anybody pushing the kittens. My neighbour's cat did similar things when she tried to hide her babies... She always found the funniest places. And if you tried to "help" them, mummy cat was clearly not amused. I think she thought I try to harm them instead of helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    pushing kittens off the slide is abuse. treating animals as a source of amusement (circus, having elephants playing soccer and ride them, chain monkeys and tigers so people can take a picture with them, train a dolphin to jump off water, scare the shit out of a cat or a dog for laughs, etc.) is abuse to me.
    You obviously know nothing about real animals. On the wild dolphins surf, jump, flip and play. Other animals will play football, or stuff to amuse themselves. I guess that you've never seen cows playing football? Or chasing another animal around just for fun?
    Cats sleep with one eye open, even asleep you can't creep up on them. Oh and my cat LOVES sliding, does it all the time. Plays havoc with the paintwork on my car.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    You obviously know nothing about real animals. On the wild dolphins surf, jump, flip and play. Other animals will play football, or stuff to amuse themselves. I guess that you've never seen cows playing football? Or chasing another animal around just for fun?
    Cats sleep with one eye open, even asleep you can't creep up on them. Oh and my cat LOVES sliding, does it all the time. Plays havoc with the paintwork on my car.
    yeah well, i know plenty. im not talking about animals out in the ocean playing catch. im talking about animals being pushed around to do stuff in order to amuse people. i wanna see a video of real wild elephents play soccer in nature or dolphins jump by someone's command in the open sea. there's a difference between doing it because they find it fun and doing it because they're trained to pull off a show. how about monkeys and tigers chained for a photograph? it that fun fun fun too?
    Last edited by autumn; June 4th, 2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: w

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23lIwcpQbc[/YOUTUBE]

Also, it's patently ridiculous you're comparing trained animals in circuses being forced to perform tricks to the family cat or dog shaking a paw.

Get real.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ i said, there's a difference between doing in for fun and doing it for a show they're trained to do.

and who was talking about the family cat or dog shaking a paw?

whatever. think what you want. i am sensitive about animals and yeah, i find some things (not all) abusive for them. that's what i think, got a problem with that?

I think your idea of abuse stretches from playing to actual abuse and is way too broad, so yes. Yes I do have a problem with that.

tough.

*listens to hear revs coming from the shed*
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information