Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kitten thrown from speeding car

Silver Member

Unhappy

Now my little Molly is mad at me because I woke her up to give her a hug and kiss and a couple of Greenies. She looked at me like "damn it, are you watching Animal Police and getting all emotional again?".[/QUOTE]

i do the same thing to my kitty Dior

i am glad that i am not the only one

Thumbs up

UPDATE-

Updated: Aug 5, 2008 04:52 PM EDT
    CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY.com) -- "Trooper," the kitten tossed out of a car on the highway, is doing well following a successful surgery on Friday.
    Veterinarian Dr. David Banta in Chesapeake operated on the 6-week-old kitten's back legs, which were both broken when he was thrown out of the car going 65 miles per hour.
    His tiny body slammed into the pavement on Route 168 last Thursday morning during rush hour.
    The vet's office told WAVY.com Monday morning that Trooper is "doing great and he has even started trying to pull himself up on his back legs."
    The vet's office says Trooper is "purring up a storm and is eating well."
    He could be recovered enough to go home in just a couple days.
    The North Carolina woman who rescued the badly injured kitten plans to adopt him.
    She saw the kitten get thrown out of the car on the highway. She pulled over, risked her own safety, and ran up the overpass to find the kitten.
    She scooped him up and raced him to the nearest vet.
    Then numerous people who saw the original story on WAVY.com stepped up to help cover the cost of the expensive surgery to help save the kitten.
    The vet's office says, thanks to the woman who rescued the cat and the generous people who helped financially, Trooper now has a chance at a healthy, happy life.

Likes a happy ending..

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Thanks for that update!!!

How sweet! I am glad the little fellow is going great!

Aww bless his little heart. I am donating.

I just called the vet, looks like they have had enough donations, so instead they ask you to donate to your local humane society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Now my little Molly is mad at me because I woke her up to give her a hug and kiss and a couple of Greenies. She looked at me like "damn it, are you watching Animal Police and getting all emotional again?".
    i do the same thing to my kitty Dior

i am glad that i am not the only one [/quote]

I do the same thing to my cat, who has currently abandoned me for the Roman Sun (we're at the beach house outside of Rome, Italy) and prefers the terrace, where she can relax, to the indoorness of me and my air conditioning. I have been abandoned.

She'll be back.

Talking

NEW UPDATE- Must see video

Kitten thrown from Chesapeake car is healing, enjoying fame | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

By Kristin Davis
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © August 8, 2008
    CHESAPEAKE
    Perhaps the toughest thing for Trooper these days - worse than the pins in his femur and the clunky blue cast covering his right back leg - is being left alone.
    Put him down and step away and the meowing starts, a squeaky sound that doesn't seem to cease until you lift him up again.
    But he is rarely alone.
    The hazel-eyed, barely 1-1/2- pound kitten was tossed from a moving car and onto a highway the last morning of July. Now, Trooper is the most famous feline at Mount Pleasant Veterinary Clinic, where he has lived since a motorist stopped to pick him up.
    With fame have come cards from well-wishers and gift baskets packed with toys and so many monetary donations for his $2,000-plus surgery that the vet's office had to put a stop to them. PETA offered a $2,000 reward for information about the motorist. So far, that hasn't yielded any calls.
    "We're all running around holding him when we get the chance," said Barbara Springer, a receptionist there. "I'm trying not to get attached because it'll break your heart when he leaves."
    That could be a week or so, said Gabrielle Reed, a licensed veterinarian technician and Trooper's primary caregiver. He'll go home to Michele Laney of Moyock, N.C., the woman who stopped to save him.
    In the meantime, Trooper is on a high-calorie, high-protein diet. He gets regular antibiotic injections. His back end is shaved. He's got scabs on his pink nose and under an eye. Stepping with the cast-covered leg is a bit of a struggle.
    "He's really doing fabulously," said Reed, who had placed Trooper on a white towel, and then a scale, for a photo shoot Thursday.
    He stretched his neck and started to squeak.
    "Life is rough for the famous kitten," she said. "I know. Yes, I know. Come here."
    Reed scooped him up. He curled against her dog-print scrubs. He was perfectly quiet.
    Kristin Davis, (757) 222-5208, kristin.davis@pilotonline.com

Trooper's rescuer

Submitted by obxladybear on Fri, 08/08/2008 at 10:23 am.

aww.

it's nice to know that for every evil person, there are thousands more who are good.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ that's a good way of looking at it

This little guy was lucky to be seen being thrown from the car, and that someone actually cared enough to save him. He is so precious.

I'm glad this story had a happy ending.

I hope there's an extra hot place in Hell for animal abusers.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

And poachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    aww.

it's nice to know that for every evil person, there are thousands more who are good.
    Omg...something sweet and sentimental? From you, Grimm? I am in shock!

Very sweet ending. I love it. *feels all warm and soft inside* I must remember to give my two kitties some snuggles today even though they are being complete assholes lately....still love them to death!
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information