Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kitten thrown from speeding car

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That kitten has more than just two broken legs. So it's doing what until someone does the surgery? Dragging itself around doped up on pain meds. It's fucked up.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

People and animals alike sometimes have to endure suffering until they are healed and rehabilitated. Suffering happens and should only be cause for euthanasia if if is not reversible via treatment and care.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    That kitten has more than just two broken legs. So it's doing what until someone does the surgery? Dragging itself around doped up on pain meds. It's fucked up.
    Well according to the Vet, that is taking care of the cat, it's got two broken legs and several "little pelvic fractures".
    Of course he's in pain, what being isn't in pain when it's injured? That doesn't mean we should just kill anything that is hurting. And I am sure it isn't dragging itself around, that's why they are giving it pain medicine, to keep in out of pain and to keep it from moving.

The Dr. said after the surgery there should be no reason why the kitten can't have a happy and healthy life. I think that's worth trying to save.

I was avoiding opening this thread because I assumed the kitten had died and I just didn't want to read about it. I'm glad I opened it, I will donate as well.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Yay, team!!!!!!!!!!!

My old vet where i used to live had a habit of taking in stray accident victims and letting them live in the office....forever.
    This sounds like my vet! She has several animals running around on the property. Her office is a converted house with a few acres of land. This vet is such an angel. Not only does she obviously love animals, and takes wonderful care of my pets , she is also very inexpensive. You can tell she is a vet for her passion, not money.

I get absolutely sick when people are senselessly cruel to animals. I have some really sick cousins, and I had the PLEASURE of staying with them one summer. They lived to be horrible to the animals on their huge property (mostly the wild ones, but every animal except the beloved family dog was in danger). I'll never forget the day that summer when they came tramping into the house, excited about running over a new batch of kittens with the riding mower. Ugh, bad, bad memory. I had spent the day before admiring, cooing over said kittens. Pretty sure that was the day I demanded to call home and leave (I was 9 or 10). Sick. And more common than you think (to have NO compassion for living things).
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

^^^So, what penal institution are your serial killer cousins living in these days, lol?

^ My cousin, which this was only about 4 years ago and he's grown, shot a cat with a bow and arrow and it went completely through the cat. Needless to say, when I came out and realized what had happened it was on. My husband had already warned him and told him he better leave before I found out. He was in his truck and I let him have it, I told him NEVER to come back to my house again and I haven't seen him since. I don't care too either.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^So, what penal institution are your serial killer cousins living in these days, lol?
    My thoughts exactly!

I don't believe in hell, but if I did there would be a special place for the spineless assholes who abuse animals. I do believe in Karma and I know in my heart that the asshole who did this will pay for it.

Now my little Molly is mad at me because I woke her up to give her a hug and kiss and a couple of Greenies. She looked at me like "damn it, are you watching Animal Police and getting all emotional again?".

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post

I get absolutely sick when people are senselessly cruel to animals. I have some really sick cousins, and I had the PLEASURE of staying with them one summer. They lived to be horrible to the animals on their huge property (mostly the wild ones, but every animal except the beloved family dog was in danger). I'll never forget the day that summer when they came tramping into the house, excited about running over a new batch of kittens with the riding mower. Ugh, bad, bad memory. I had spent the day before admiring, cooing over said kittens. Pretty sure that was the day I demanded to call home and leave (I was 9 or 10). Sick. And more common than you think (to have NO compassion for living things).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ My cousin, which this was only about 4 years ago and he's grown, shot a cat with a bow and arrow and it went completely through the cat. Needless to say, when I came out and realized what had happened it was on. My husband had already warned him and told him he better leave before I found out. He was in his truck and I let him have it, I told him NEVER to come back to my house again and I haven't seen him since. I don't care too either.
    Hooollllly fuck... people are sick fuckers.

I hope kitty gets better.

I was chatting to a girl at work yesterday who told me that one of their kittens had climbed into their tumble dryer....dad was in a hurry to go to work, put some clothes in to dry and didn't check iinside beforehand

^ Rondette, I did that to my cat one time. Thank God, she wasn't in there long enough to do any damage. I started looking for her, then I heard this loud banging and realized she was in there. I opened it and she fell out all limp, her whiskers were gone and she was gasping for air. I was SO upset, I took her to the vet and he said it happens a lot.
    Now I close of my utility room so she can't get near the dryer.

^ I'm SO paranoid about that. I have to triple-check the dryer before turning it on. The lucky thing is, my cats follow me around, so I can usually just look down at my feet and see them hanging out there before turning the dryer on. But if they're not around I get so paranoid that they could be in there.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post

Now my little Molly is mad at me because I woke her up to give her a hug and kiss and a couple of Greenies. She looked at me like "damn it, are you watching Animal Police and getting all emotional again?".
    I do the same thing.. dont'cha wonder what they think. Mama's all emotional again..

UPDATE~
    WAVY TV 10 : Virginia and North Carolina News -Kitten thrown out of speeding car on highway to get surgery

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY.com) -- We have an update on the kitten tossed out of a car on the highway.
    Doctors are planning to perform surgery on the badly injured animal Friday.
    It will take several pins and wires to put the kitten back together.
    Both his back legs are broken and his pelvis is shattered.
    Numerous people saw the original story on WAVY.com and immediately stepped in with financial help to get the kitten the surgery he needed to survive.
    A North Carolina woman was driving along Route 168 Thursday morning, when she saw someone a couple cars ahead of her throw the six-week-old kitten out of their car window.
    The woman stopped, scooped up the animal and rushed him to a vet.
    The vet tells WAVY.com he expects to be able to repair the kitten's broken bones and the kitten should then have the chance for a happy, healthy life.

Last edited by HelpMeRhonda; August 4th, 2008 at 08:51 AM.

Yaaay! We did good, people!

Aww you people are the best

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information