Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's behind you: Great White stalks ocean canoeist

quelquefois je crois que le temps froid produit braincells plus robuste. Vive l'hiver!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

You may be right
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Oh excuse me, my lady!
    Quite all right madam!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    quelquefois je crois que le temps froid produit braincells plus robuste. Vive l'hiver!
    Boo, winter
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

im sure they have a french word for brain cells!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I got "cellules du cerveau" from Google. Immersion or no, until today I've never had to use the word (in French). Also, never did figure out what "traffic light" is in French.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Voodoo, don't tell me you missed Sandcastle!!!!!!! One of the legendary threads of GR, but not quite meeting the standard that was set high by FF. Go find it in the relationships forum, look for a thread with some 80+ replies or something
    I most certainly did miss it, I think. I don't recall posting in it. I will try and find it now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Yikes! I heard a punch on the nose is good, although I'd be too busy shitting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    I got "cellules du cerveau" from Google. Immersion or no, until today I've never had to use the word (in French). Also, never did figure out what "traffic light" is in French.
    We usually just use the word "cellules". As for traffic light we usually use the word "lumière". Like "La lumière à l'intersection" the light at the intersection. I'm sure there are more specific words but as it's 4:30AM right now my brain isn't really awake and in translation mode.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

^^ The South Africans call traffic lights "robot". What the hell?

At first I REALLY thought that they had some kind of machine regulating the traffic. One that looks like a human or close to it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    We usually just use the word "cellules". As for traffic light we usually use the word "lumière". Like "La lumière à l'intersection" the light at the intersection. I'm sure there are more specific words but as it's 4:30AM right now my brain isn't really awake and in translation mode.
    in québec they tend to translate from english a lot more. here in europe i've never heard braincells called 'cellules du cerveau', people usually say 'neurones'. and traffic lights aren't called 'lumières' but 'feux'. i think the exact term is 'feux de circulation routière' but no one uses that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Which remeinds me Sputnik, that after we met up at Effie's in 2008, you'll be hosting The GR Reunion 2009.

I came up with that after you advertised Geneva so nicely.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    in québec they tend to translate from english a lot more. here in europe i've never heard braincells called 'cellules du cerveau', people usually say 'neurones'. and traffic lights aren't called 'lumières' but 'feux'. i think the exact term is 'feux de circulation routière' but no one uses that.
    Well we use slang alot . Neurones is right as well as feux de circulation. We do use those too but in everyday life we say for example: "Il lui manque un couple de cellules." (He's missing a few brain cells) or "La lumière au coin de la rue" (The Light at the corner of the street). I've never heard "cellules du cerveau" either just "cellules".

lol chilly, i said geneva was boring
    clean and pretty, but calvinist and boring and to paraphrase lou reed in smoke, it's too clean and everything works.
    but a GR reunion might spice things up a bit. not sure the swiss could handle that many fat deal-breakers with dodgy base-coats... should be interesting.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 23rd, 2008 at 07:32 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Haha, they'd love us. We could teach them a thing or two about herpes and blow outs.

I was in Geneva and Lausanne a couple of years ago and as far as I remember, it was lovely, boring, but very lovely.
    -Bugdoll-

^^^
    how could i forget the herpz?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information