Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting my new, old kitty today

good for you! everyone is always looking for kittens, so this is a wonderful thing you have done. Gordon will ALWAYS show you his appreciation.

I can't go into Humane Society's and Animal Shelters without crying. i wish that i could take them all home.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

What a beauty! How lucky he chose you. Just a snuggle bunny with a keen mind. He will run your life nicely!
    I have had my pound doggy since January and every day I marvel that anyone could have given him up-but I am glad they did. He is wrapped around my heart-as I sure Gordon will yours. I love his name-it suits him! You may now kiss the kitty!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

We have been home with him about an hour. I was kind of leery when we got to the shelter, because he was SO not having it with the kids. He was swatting at them and giving them major stink eye. But hey, I'd be pissy too, if I was locked in a cage, and had to demon children try to pet me too. The people working at the shelter were thrilled that we were adopting him. They said he was one of their favorites, and were glad he was getting a home.

I think he actually had a home maybe, because he is microchipped. It's different brand/company? then what the shelter uses. If he did have a home, then they didn't want him, because he was picked up by animal control, spent some time there, and has been at the shelter we got him from since 3/31. So the microchip place has all of our information already, so if he tries to escape the madhouse, they know we have him.

He's neutered, has all of his claws, and all of his teeth (which some came in wonky, but aren't bothersome), said teeth are in fairly good condition and didn't need dental work. Everything else is in good shape, his wonky incisors being the only thing wrong with him.

He does NOT like cars. He is very LOUD in cars. He didn't throw up thank god, but he did pee all over himself. So he is a stinky handsome devil.

He's currently in our downstairs bathroom, and Bob (the other cat), is none the wiser to Gordon's existence. I think Gordon knows of Bob's, because this is Bob's apartment after all, and he has free reign. So I am attempting to introduce them the right way, but of course the kids have to pee every 2 minutes now, since he's there.

And, he proved my earlier leeriness wrong. In the bathroom, were he could move at his own pace, he didn't try to beat the kids to a pulp. He's a fluffy loverman. He came out of the linen closet about 2 mins after me and little kid came in. He let both kids pet him, and he nudged them, and then rolled on his back and showed them his tummy. He wasn't to hip to being held, but he is a nudger and likes to rub his entire body along yours and wrap his tail around arms and legs. He doesn't like his face/head touched, he gave major stink eye to big kid, when big kid touched his nose.

And the funny thing is, we got him on sale. All cats were 50% off this month. Since he's a "senior" his normal price was $35, with the sale, he was $17.50. They messed up on his hold fee, and charged me $20 instead of $10. So I actually made $2.50 adopting him..lol. Though that doesn't really matter since I spent $60 at Petco getting things for him.

I'll take some more pics of him once I get him brushed and get the pee infused dreadlocks taken care of. I don't mean to gush, but he is one handsome cat (they think he has Russian Blue in him).

Wow, this cat looks exactly like my cat. My cat is a she, and is 10 years old this year. Like yours it seems like it's forever young, still very lively and full of emotion.

He definitely has some Russian Blue in him What a beauty. I can't go into the Humane Society or any of those places because I would have 100 cats by now. Especially the old ones. I just can't stomach knowing that some will be put down (EEK). I already have 3 - 2 that I bought from a lady that was going to give them to her friend for his pitbull to "play with" and the other just showed up on my doorstep - all are males (and 1 male human child). I am sorely outnumbered!!!

Aww.....he'll take some time fitting in, as I'm sure you're aware. But he'll be AWESOME once he feels comfortable. My kitty that I adopted (4 yr old female) sat in the bathroom for 3 days before she felt comfortable coming out......
    Now, we can't get away from her! But we love her so!

These first few days will be a learning experience for ALL of you, but you'll be better for them! Give him a few days and let the games begin! Good luck!

Awh, congrats to you! He's gorgeous. My dad's name is Gordon, so he's got to be a cool cat!

Good for you, not everybody wants an older animal. Everybody wants the puppies and kittens.

We adopted our poodle mix when he was 10, he's 14 now and still healthy and happy. Hopefully we'll have him for at least another 4 years.

I love the name Gordon, I always give non-traditional names to my pets too.

Congrats on your new kitteh and for saving a life! I hope you have many wonderful years with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    He definitely has some Russian Blue in him What a beauty. I can't go into the Humane Society or any of those places because I would have 100 cats by now. Especially the old ones. I just can't stomach knowing that some will be put down (EEK). I already have 3 - 2 that I bought from a lady that was going to give them to her friend for his pitbull to "play with" and the other just showed up on my doorstep - all are males (and 1 male human child). I am sorely outnumbered!!!
    Me too. I've got 7 of the little buggers at home. I too avoid the Humane Society like the plague - I would take 'em all home. A good friend of mine founded a "catch, neuter and release" program and the last 2 cats she gave away ended up at my house - Jasper and Bubba.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Oh, congrats! kudos for giving a senior pet a chance...I'm a sucker for the unwanted as well. And he is a dead ringer for a cat I once had named Vanity.....couldn't tell them apart, he's gorgeous.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Yeah! A kitty! I want a kitty but my boyfriend wont let me get one

I am jealous of your kitty, but I'll bet you'll take good care of it, so congratulations to this new addition in your family
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

He is cute! My Kitty lived to age 18, you will have plenty of time with him.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well, I can say that Gordon is rotten..lol. And whoever said that he looked like an evil mastermind was correct. So in other words, he's an awesome cat.

He is my kids' cat. Wherever they go, he goes. He sits with them on the couch, he goes and sits in the window where they are playing, and he be-bops between their beds at night.

He has finally met my other cat, Bob. I have two of the most passive-aggressive cats ever. Gordon looks at Bob at Bob with an "ok you're here too" look. Bob looks at Gordon with a "god you are the stupidest cat ever" look (because Gordon for some reason, can't figure out how to come downstairs by himself, he has to follow someone). So in their passive-agressive-ness..Gordon has stole Bob's sleeping spot, and Bob eats all of Gordon's food. There's been some growling and hissing from Bob, but Gordon just looks at him funny, so Bob stops.

Gordon is a talker. He chirps at his toys, he chirps at the kids, he chirps at us. If he's not chirping, he's meowing. The only thing he does that is aggravating, is that he caterwauls, like an unfixed tomcat. I don't know if it's an attention seeking thing, or what. Like we will be petting him, then he will get up, walk to the other side of the room, and just let out this big, long, loud MEOW. Then he just walks back to us, gives a little "I'm back" chirp, and then flops between us to be petted.

Other than that, he's a pretty awesome cat. Even by the end of the first day, he just accepted that he was living here, and made himself at home.

He sounds awesome. My kitten (1 year old and 18 pounds) has been in our house for 1 year and my older cats (2 males - 6 years old) have gotten used to him. Noone is in love but, they cohabitate quite nicely. They fight over me and their food. Noone fights over my son. They all run from him. You would run too - his favorite sport is hunting them with his play guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information