Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I washed my cat !!!

Aaaw, the kitty looks so indignant!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I had to give my cat a bath a few days ago because we moved and he managed to pee, poop and puke on himself in the carrier (for the whole four mile trip)!
    Oh My God !!!

That's where I realise I'm lucky, I take my cat with me everywhere (and I move every week end) and she's never complained about being in her eeeeer .... "box" during the trip.
    I took the train, the tube and the bus with her in her box, it was a 7-hour trip and not a single "miaow"
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I have four cats (yes, four) and they are all so different in the car. One cat is an angel, two are rotten and my precious Siamese boy is a pee, poop, puke machine

It's good to get kitties used to a car and road trips.

Gold Member

It so funny when they sit by the door and howl hoping to make an escape. Your kitty is so cute, I hope he didn't hold a grudge for too long.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Hey ,Tiny,we have in here a medecine in small vials,like ampules,you break it and pour the liguid in kitties neck so they cant lick it off.
    IT works,and i am sure you can find it in France,just ask any pet shop.
    Yes, we have it here. It's called Advantage and it works like a charm. It not only kills the eggs, it kills the adult fleas too. I used to bathe my older cat but he would go nuts and scratch me--and he's usually a very mild-mannered fellow. My younger cat is very feisty, so I hate to think what would happen if I tried to bathe her.

We used to use Advantage, but with the dog and ticks, we switched to Frontline. I order it from PetMeds and it's a bit cheaper than going to the vet or a pet store that carries it. Advantage kills fleas better, IMO. Josie, the dog, also takes Sentinal for heartworm every month. It has flea prevention in it as well, like the old pill Program, used to have. It's a growth inhibitor or something. The flea control is a godsend!

My pets cost a fortune!!

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

This fits here sorta-- My kitties love to sit on the side of the tub while I take a bath. A couple of years ago when my little Claire was just about a year old, I had run a bath. As I was walking toward it to get in, Claire did that typical "ohmigodihavetorunNOW" thing and decided to beat me there. Well, she overshot it and did a nice bellyflop into hot, sudsy bathwater. She went completely underwater, was scared shitless, and did a mad dash out.

I can imagine the scene if anyone in the neighborhood bothered to look-- naked woman running around house with towel trying to catch completely soaked cat before she sits on the furniture. lolol
    Last edited by DoveFeatheredRaven; July 9th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

That was so cute. Your cat maybe did not like it but it's for her own good. I don't own a cat but I love them.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Awww, what a pretty baby. That screen tip is great, will remember that. Oh, and Bliss, you don't own them, they own you. Cats are great...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Aww, your cat is so adorable! I hope the bath worked and got rid of all of those fleas! I had to wash my cat to get rid of those tufts of fur on his back once, and after we started combing, he just started purring. I thought he'd go ape-shit crazy and try to jump at our throats, but he really enjoyed it.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Default true

Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    Awww, what a pretty baby. That screen tip is great, will remember that. Oh, and Bliss, you don't own them, they own you. Cats are great...
    That's what I hear about them, my mom has 2 sister cats who act like the queens of the house. When I visit they act snooty...lmao

Hit By Ban Bus!

my cat the sweet l'orange got fleas so bad last year. we tried the bathing but iit didn't work. so we shaved him. he did look funny but it was hot and he loved it. got rid of the fleas with another bath and his fur grew in so soft and beautiful. we might shave him again just for the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    That's what I hear about them, my mom has 2 sister cats who act like the queens of the house. When I visit they act snooty...lmao
    But they are the queens of the house, and if you worship them, they will reward you with many kisses, much love, and many laughs. Ask you mom about it...seems like she knows
    Take some toys with you, like straws to throw, or shoelaces to dangle. Be gentle and talk to them kindly in a quiet voice. Touch them gently, like they are flowers at first, later, when you know each other, then you can tease and play with them more aggresively...love given from cats is like no other...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

^Thanks for the tips^
    My mom spoils those two so much & I have noticed them looking at her with love in their eyes...so sweet.hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information