Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think my dog's sick

Cute, sorry if I was rude Nicole, just worried

if your parents arent going to take care of it, call the SPCA. Maybe they'd rather a fine.

your parents are fucking awful people. really.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's ok, Honey, I didn't think you were being rude. I'm not going to call anyone to have anyone fined, if I have to, I'll take care of the little guy myself.

You should be able to find a vet that will work with you. Especially right now...times are tough and lot's of places are trying to help people be able to keep their dogs. Call some rescues, they usually have connections with vets that will work for cheap. Or, even your own vet may be willing to do it for cost and let you make payments.

Hope the little guy gets better. If he's scratching and itching and sick, he may have fleas and may have gotten sick from them. Sometimes fleas means worms.

I was talking with mom's boyfriend earlier, while I was cleaning up more puke, and he said that he's been telling mom a thousand times to call people, and he doesn't think she's doing it. So he's gonna call around, today, and see what can be done.

Poor dude, he's laying funny, too. Like he's laying with his butt kind of in the air. I don't know how to explain it, but it just looks funny.

He has had fleas before, but he's never gotten sick from them, before. See, he has this habit where sometimes, when he goes out to do his business, he'll roll in shit. No idea why, but he does. Sometimes it's gotten kinda close to his mouth, and I've suspected that he's eaten it, before, and he's sick from that.

Mom's bf walked him in the front yard last night, and he said that he's still got the squirts. Poor lil' dude. He's in his room now, the boyfriend's, but I guess it's still my duty to clean up whatever leaks out of him. >_> Gotta remind you, he never cleans any of that stuff up, even when he had HIS OWN dog, he wouldn't do it. Fucking royalty wannabe.

Jesus. Let's get this sorted out, ASAP...the dog's been sick as hell for days. Your mom should know that owning a dog comes with the responsibility to care for its health. And you can use a dang credit card at the vet's, you know. Someone has to be proactive because the dog is not likely to heal himself.

Nicole, you're better than this shitty family situation and your shitty town...are you taking any steps education-wise and ultimately job-wise to get the hell away? Don't mean to turn this too personal, but you don't need to be stuck there forever. I know I'd be making plans for a permanent escape...
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Poor dog.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^ Seriously.

I wish I lived near you, I would go get him and take him to the vet myself.

Sorry, but you can tell a lot by how people treat animals. It is TOTALLY uncalled for to have a pet and not to get it the care it needs.
    Your mom should be ashamed!

Thanks for the offer, Sweetie. That actually means a hell of a lot. *hugs*

I'm thinking about calling a friend to take me and Murray to the vets. I know if I do, there might be a fight, but damn it, I don't want my little guy to be sick, anymore. I like having a dog, he's my buddy, and he never judges me, or tells me that I'm an idiot with no commen sense, or anything like that. He's always happy to see me, and likes being around me. I'd be so broken up if he actually died from being sick, and I knew that I didn't do anything.

I had another dog once, her name was Spot. She was a little Jack Russel terrier with white fur, and various brown spots on her face and body. She was the sweetest thing, but she was sick, too. She had heart worms, and epilepsy. She was mine, but when I was taken away, and when mom finally moved away from grandma and her brother, they took the dog, and started taking care of it. They gave her her medicines, bathed her, took her to the vet, the whole nine yards.

Then, they were moving to an apartment that didn't allow dogs, because they were gonna be living on the second floor. They didn't give her to an animal shelter, or give her back to me... my grandma and aunt took the dog, and had it put to sleep. They essentially had her killed for no reason. Because she was so onto the thought, that no one would take care of her right, that she might be abused, that no one would give her her medicines... Because everyone else in the world are just cruel animal abusers, right? Of all the days for my crazy assed uncle to flip out, he didn't that day... because he was so upset that he'd lost his little buddy, that he just stayed in bed for days and didn't do anything. I didn't talk to my grandma for three months. My uncle and I still feel tremendous guilt, that we didn't do anything. He asks me almost everytime I talk to him, 'why didn't I put the leash on the dog, and take her and drive away?'

I'm sorry that I'm rambling, and probably upset some people, but that's just how I feel about the situation. I'm not about to lose another dog over nothing, even if he's not fatally sick, he deserves some kind of help. I just love my little buddy so much.

Well then,stop thinking and call that friend.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Before you call the friend, do you know where you're taking the dog? If not, start calling some vets/shelters in your area to see who might be willing to see him at a reduced rate.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I tried calling the friend, but couldn't get a hold of her, anyway.

I just got done cleaning up another accident. It was shit, again, but it wasn't totally liquid this time. I cleaned it and gave the little guy some water. He's not laying weird like he was, before.

There's one place in Kansas City, off Red Bridge, that we've taken Murray to before, and it's not overly expensive. But then, we only got him expressed, or gotten his nails trimmed, so we'll find out how much it costs to get him a check up.

Thanks for your support, you guys, it means a whole lot

Kansas City, MO???

Here are a few places to call:

Spay Neuter Kansas City | Low-cost Vaccinations, Spaying & Neutering in Kansas and Missouri

No More Homeless Pets in Kansas City - About Us

The Pet Connection Clinic in Mission, KS - Low Cost Veterinary Clinic

These look like mostly low cost spay neuter clinics, but I'm sure someone could help.

Poor little guy. Calling around can't hurt,but I can tell you that in my area there are no vets that will take payments or make any kind of arrangements with people at all. It's quite sad really. They're money grubbers around here. Hopefully,you will be able to find one who will help you.

Check with PAWS. They normally have reduced rate care.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information