Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I lost my best friend last week

Bronze Member

Its funny you should mention Rosie's experience. Buddie was 2 years older than her, and although they existed together, they never snuggled or did the "pig pile" although they did sleep on the same couch or bed together, just in their own corners. However, the night Bud became ill, he found a corner and just laid there, and Rose went to him, and laid down next to him and stayed beside him all night.....like she knew he was sick. She is 14, do you think her senses are somewhat shot, and she does not realize he is a different cat? I have mentioned that the 2 cats are the spitting image of each other, however, Bustopher is much younger looking then Bud was.....but I am now wondering, does she think he is the same cat? I guess one good "whiff" of Bustopher she will know, or maybe her senses are not spot on anymore. I just don't know anymore. I guess I got used to living with elderly cats.

It's possible she is losing some of her senses but I don't think 14 is really elderly for a cat...a little past middle age maybe? Our family cat lived to be 23. That's not normal but I have a cat who is 20 now and other than losing a little weight, he is pretty healthy.

I think pets grieve like we do and I am sure she knew Bud was very ill and wanted to comfort him. They may not have been close, but they were 'brother and sister'.
    Playful~

kitty sounded like a good companion.hugs
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

I just came back to tell you again how brave and thoughtful you are!
    I would like to think I'd be so brave-you set a wonderful example! To make such a positive out of an awful thing. Good on you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

Thank you so much McJag......I am still having my moments, but in the "name of Bud", I wanted to help, if its just one, homeless cat......and I am pretty sure after 1 week, I am going to get paid back two fold. I know they look alike, but they have different personalities, and I was lucky enough to adopt this cat who wants nothing more than my love, hugs, and kisses..........he is so affectionate, and demands so much love. I guess, in my history with the felines, I have been pretty damn lucky with some really cool cats!

^^^ Ellie, you're doing great. Sounds like the cats are going to get along just fine

I am a total believer in helping another animal if possible, despite still suffering from a loss. Just like your friend said, leaving Bustopher in a cage won't help Buddie, you or Bustopher himself!

Buddie would totally approve of you helping out another feline, I'm sure

Oh Ellie, you are wonderful. I just buried my Bugsie, we loved each other so incredibly much. Your story with Bud is helping me. Thank you very much. Give your new baby a kiss and a loving back scratch from me...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Hi "Ellie"

Am freaking out a little here, my nickname is Ellie and my female cat is seventeen years old and is due to see the vet soon as her teeth have a plaque build up - she needs to have it removed but needs bloodwork done to see if her organs can handle the anesthesia, I'm worried her body won't be able to handle it... I'm hoping this isn't some kind of bad sign ... ha-ha

Honestly, I can relate; when everything else has failed, my cat, my "friend", has always been the one thing I've always known will put a smile on my face after a rough day. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I ever lost her. You have my warmest wishes, and I hope your new addition settles in well. Take care.
    ssabmud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information