Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Hummingbird Moths!

  1. #31
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    21,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    YOU get over it!!!!! Are you on drugs????
    Not today, Lobes.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  2. #32
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    7,113

    Default

    A couple of weeks ago, we were at a friend's house, sitting outside in the backyard. All of a sudden, a moth landed on me...specifically, on my face. Of course, I freaked and tried to flick it off me, but for a second there, it would not come off. It felt like little claws on my skin, and I could not get it to release it's hold.

    A couple of years ago, my kids and I were watching TV, and out of the corner of my eye, I see bug scurrying across the floor. I have no idea what it was, it looked like a giant ant with it's segmented body, and it had pinchers at the top of it's head like a pincher bug. I have never been able to figure out what it was, I've googled the description and can't find anything that looks like it.

  3. #33
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    God!!!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  4. #34
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, we were at a friend's house, sitting outside in the backyard. All of a sudden, a moth landed on me...specifically, on my face. Of course, I freaked and tried to flick it off me, but for a second there, it would not come off. It felt like little claws on my skin, and I could not get it to release it's hold.
    SHIT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Not today, Lobes.
    The day is not over, love.

    I have had about 4 nightmarish bug encounters in the last 2 months. I can't describe them yet, it's too upsetting. Also, last Friday and today I had the secretary at my agency come into my office (she's right outside my door) to kill a big spider and a huge beetle-thing. I'm sure she thinks I'm ridiculous. She just steps on them and laughs at me and walks out. What I don't get is why I hate them so much but am too skeeved out to step on them & kill them. It's a big fucking deal to beat them to death with a fly swatter (not flies, just "real" bugs). I'll do it but I have a partial meltdown doing it.

    I swear, I am not a coward in other areas. Just bugs.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  5. #35
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    7,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    SHIT!



    The day is not over, love.

    I have had about 4 nightmarish bug encounters in the last 2 months. I can't describe them yet, it's too upsetting. Also, last Friday and today I had the secretary at my agency come into my office (she's right outside my door) to kill a big spider and a huge beetle-thing. I'm sure she thinks I'm ridiculous. She just steps on them and laughs at me and walks out. What I don't get is why I hate them so much but am too skeeved out to step on them & kill them. It's a big fucking deal to beat them to death with a fly swatter (not flies, just "real" bugs). I'll do it but I have a partial meltdown doing it.

    I swear, I am not a coward in other areas. Just bugs.
    I will kill a bug if I have to, but I get the heebie jeebies, and it's worse when you have to wack them repeatedly until they die, :shudder:

  6. #36
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    I would rather hit it with something than step on it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  7. #37
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I would rather hit it with something than step on it.
    Ugh. Will.not.step.on.them.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  8. #38
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    I don't understand why Australia has such a bad reputation with bugs - at least we don't have face-clawing moths*



    *not confirmed
    Moongirl likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  9. #39
    Elite Member Honeythorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Death Valley~Middle Earth, Califas
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    Then ya'll don't wanna come to my crib. we get these beauts:

    The Camel Spider/Wind Scorpion. These fuckers are fast and just flat out icky. When we first moved here, we saw one scury across our floor. We had no clue what it was until we asked a local. The next day I adopted my fatty cat Jinx. I haven't found anymore in the house. Eff that noise.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Sylkyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indahood, AL
    Posts
    8,312

    Default

    OMFG. NNNooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

  11. #41
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    whyyyyyy did i cliiiiiiiiiiiiickkkk
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  12. #42
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I don't understand why Australia has such a bad reputation with bugs - at least we don't have face-clawing moths*

    *not confirmed
    Seriously? Aren't you the country with the giant huntsman spiders that drop out of the sun visor onto people's laps when they are driving, and causing car accidents?
    Brookie likes this.

  13. #43
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    "Wind scorpion" sounds like it goes airborne? I'm quite sure I told everyone about the time I drank a giant flying cockroach, gahhhhhhh, just remembering. One thing I don't miss about Houston is hearing those flying roaches slam into the window panes on my patio doors. I like moths and other stuff doesn't really bother me. My heathen spent last year catching spiders in cups and bringing them inside to show me...it was an ongoing school thing.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  14. #44
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Seriously? Aren't you the country with the giant huntsman spiders that drop out of the sun visor onto people's laps when they are driving, and causing car accidents?
    found this guy in my kitchen sink this morning. Employed the vegemite jar catch and release method with excellent results.



    Brookie likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  15. #45
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    mother FUCKER! OMGGGGGGG
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Beautiful Hummingbird video
    By Pippin in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM
  2. World to moths - GET SOME FREAKIN' LIVES
    By Eli in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 26th, 2008, 03:17 PM
  3. Birth of a Hummingbird
    By Algernon in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 25th, 2006, 03:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •