Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humane way of killing rats/mice?

^^^no, I didn't smell anything at all. I used it and caught a mouse a day for at least a couple of weeks up in my attic, and never smelled any burnt flesh.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I second a cat.

I have four cats and and a dog and on occasion, we get a rat...not a mouse, a rat. Bought a humane trap online. I can't kill anything and the cats weren't helping...Josie did manage to murder one outside.

Thanks, they are so damn disgusting. That whole garage smells like rat piss. There was one my mom used that basically sucked the little bastards up and killed them instantly.
    I don't even wanna use a trap ...I've had the rat (now dead) at my mom's that would be able to take whatever treat was there without getting killed.
    I will have to look into those things you mentioned, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I have four cats and and a dog and on occasion, we get a rat...not a mouse, a rat. Bought a humane trap online. I can't kill anything and the cats weren't helping...Josie did manage to murder one outside.
    That's just it, cats aren't reliable. Cats will do whatever the hell they feel like. Or not. I had a cat that would run from mice, seriously. I had one that would catch them if he was in the mood. Otherwise, meh. Not today, tyvm.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    That's just it, cats aren't reliable. Cats will do whatever the hell they feel like. Or not. I had a cat that would run from mice, seriously. I had one that would catch them if he was in the mood. Otherwise, meh. Not today, tyvm.
    Exactly, unless they are barn cats working for their food, they couldn't be bothered.

Why on earth would you want to kill rodents humanely? They started the Black Plague you know. Gas the fuckers.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was trying to be nice i was hoping there would be a better solution than my dad beating them to death.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Has anyone ever tried any of those devices that emit a noise that is supposed to drive rodents away? Making 'em want to go somewhere else might be an alternative to killing them.

yeah those sound things don't work and the glue traps well i had a mouse that got loose and tried to attack me I Love My Cat lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Has anyone ever tried any of those devices that emit a noise that is supposed to drive rodents away? Making 'em want to go somewhere else might be an alternative to killing them.
    Got one, never worked. We had both mice and rats. Caught several in those sticky traps, I had to put it out of its mercy, it was a quick kill. When we got a cat it seemed to work, no more problems.

A*O

Poison works but they stink up the place afterwards.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I despise glue traps, they are really cruel. Same for poison. I thought snap traps kill them instantly, but I am not sure. I guess it's a good thing we don't have a mouse problem.
    I think it's really great you are looking for a humane alternative, Mrs. Marsters.

ok, i have to put my hysterical mouse story here. we lived in a mobile home years ago (not trailer) i had two cats who refused to do anything but sleep. one morning i went to get a spatula out of a drawer, and there was a mouse looking back at me! i screamed, (i'm sure the mouse did too!) and i ran down the hall, screaming, and thinking 'WHO IS THAT SCREAMING??'. i ran into the computer room, sat in my chair rocking back and forth like Rainman, crying like a freaking baby. i yelled at the cats, i went to Home Depot and bought tons of rat killer stuff. The guy asked me, big rat problem? nope, just ONE. hub sealed up the hole, we never saw the mouse again, in fact i named it Bin Laden.We long ago sold that home, but to this day, i will kick a drawer before opening it.

carry on.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Honestly, the most humane (and cheapest) way of killing mice is with an old-fashioned trap you bait with cheese or peanut butter. The spring breaks their backs quickly and they never knew what hit them. You've just got to be careful not to let the trap snap on your fingers as you're setting it in place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information