Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How could you?

I hate that ^^ it's so sad. Especially since my sappy ass wants to take home practically any stray I see, until they can get a good home, or at least the human society over here.

Zee

I can't read anything like this without crying.

We have people drop off cats and dogs in our neighborhood. Boxes of kittens just appear in my driveway (plus the random goat tied to the fence) The dogs stand by the side of the road waiting for the car to come back. Take some responsibility for your pets.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

So, sad. I always hoped to start an animal shelter in the future, just wish every animal could be saved. It's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    So, sad. I always hoped to start an animal shelter in the future, just wish every animal could be saved. It's so sad.
    I always say When I hit the lottery I'm gonna.

Pets are a lifetime commitment.. people need to realize that.

People in our area bitch and moan about our shelter ..how they screen people and deny some.. Well if it helps to find the animal a forever home..then so be it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Yes, really they shouldn't give animals to people just because the child thinks it's cute. Or just because in general it's such a cute dog..hell no.

I can't think of a good reason for anyone to ever take their own pet to a shelter. Sorry, but I can't.

I wish I could adopt them all and kills me that I can't - just rips my heart out. I can't bring myself to volunteer my time, because it emotionally guts me to see those sweet faces, knowing some will be put to sleep. I donate huge bags of dog/puppy and cat/kitty food and hope that helps. I hope that if they can feed them, maybe they'll keep them alive.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

That's just so sad.

I can't understand how anyone can give up their pet. My ex Sister in Law, over the space of 6 years went through 7 dogs. She kept them till she got bored and wanted a new one, then just gave them up. The worse one was a beautiful collie cross who she decided she couldn't cope with when she became pregnant and instead of rehoming him she apparently phoned the local dog warden and said she'd 'found a stray'. He ended up in the local pound where dogs are destroyed after a week or so. If she'd only thought to ask the people around her he'd easily have been found a home, I'd have taken him in a heartbeat if I'd known. I just hope he found a forever home because the alternative breaks my heart.

She did at least rehome the others but that still doesn't make it alright in my eyes. You take on a pet as a lifetime commitment, not something to dispose of when the going gets a little tough, or you get bored.

I don't know how people like that can live with themselves. You'd have to kill me to get my pets away from me.

We need more no-kill shelters. We have some here, especially Operation Kindness that really does a lot of good work. This is beyond sad.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Damn, why did I click this.

This kind of reminds me of that Pedigree commercial where they show a dog in a cage and it says, "imagine if your family moved and they didn't bring you with them." Saddens and pisses me off to no end.

I used to work in a no-kill shelter (though the truth is, animals not deemed adoptable for health or behavior reasons were put down). The reasons some people would give for abandoning their pets were revolting. There was the whole "my new boyfriend doesn't like him." Really? You cunts obviously deserve each other if you're willing to give up a pet who has depended on you and bonded with you. And get this, once a woman said that she got new furniture and her cat no longer matched the furniture. If she had said that in my presence, I wouldn't have hesitated to recommend psychotherapy.

And get this, once a woman said that she got new furniture and her cat no longer matched the furniture.
    Oh my God. It must have been so hard for whoever had to hear that not to kick her right in the junk.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

These assholes are gonna get whats coming to them one day. I truly believe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'd like to have my own shelter, I volunteered in one every day for 2 years (not an exageration). I used to teach the older, less likely to be adopted dogs cool tricks to make them more of a hot item. Kept them out of the freezer. I wish the shelters in Vancouver would let me behavior train.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    This kind of reminds me of that Pedigree commercial where they show a dog in a cage and it says, "imagine if your family moved and they didn't bring you with them."
    I cried for 20 minutes the first time I saw that commercial.

In fact, thinking about it now is making me tear up.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Those damn Pedigree commercials KILL ME. I cry at all of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information