Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: How attached are you to your animals?

hemi looooooved them! so did the rest of our dogs, and they even passed the picky pug test..he devoured them!!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I LOVE my animals. The saddest day of my life was when I transferred to a new school and I had to say goodbye to the dog that my ex-boyfriend and I had adopted together. She was a beautiful husky. I remember going into the backyard where she was playing and she came up to me and started to snuggle. I really think that she knew. When outside, we kept her on a special leash that was connected to a stake because she had a habit of jumping over the fence into the neighbor's yard. I spent about an hour with her, and as I walked away and looked back at her, she was whimpering and clawing at the leash. I haven't seen her since but my ex boyfriend does keep me updated. Luckily, he takes very good care of her and is in a financial position to provide very well for her. I cry every time that I remember that day, though.
    UPDATE: I got her back!! Ex told me he couldn't keep her anymore because his new apartment didnt allow animals and the roommate he wants to live with didnt want a dog. He said he was going to have to take her back to the pound. I drove to Texas (18 hours), met him in a parking lot, and made the exchange. When Balto saw me, she ran up and jumped on me. We got into the car and she crawled into my lap and started licking my face. It had been two years since we'd seen each other. I was so happy!! I was worried that she wouldn't remember me. She is the sweetest, most affectionate dog I've ever seen. She's also really protective. She likes to come get in my bed at night and snuggle up right next to me with a paw over my body :-). I am so excited to have my girl back!!!

thats so awesome that you got her back!! i bet your so excited...what a cool story
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

That is one gorgeous husky!

I have 3 puggies who are my babies and I love em with all my heart! Yup, I am one of those "crazy" animal people! LOL!!

<--------They are my avatar
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

aww how cute, eeyore!! i love pugs. my stepmom is trying to convince my dad to get one because she grew up with a pug that lived for something like 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    UPDATE: I got her back!! Ex told me he couldn't keep her anymore because his new apartment didnt allow animals and the roommate he wants to live with didnt want a dog. He said he was going to have to take her back to the pound. I drove to Texas (18 hours), met him in a parking lot, and made the exchange. When Balto saw me, she ran up and jumped on me. We got into the car and she crawled into my lap and started licking my face. It had been two years since we'd seen each other. I was so happy!! I was worried that she wouldn't remember me. She is the sweetest, most affectionate dog I've ever seen. She's also really protective. She likes to come get in my bed at night and snuggle up right next to me with a paw over my body :-). I am so excited to have my girl back!!!

Oh my gosh! I just got all teary eyed! This is True Love! Love this story!!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She's a gorgeous dog. He wasn't really going to take her to the pound, was he? I can't imagine that he wouldn't try to find her a home. But then, I guess he did.

Hit By Ban Bus!

what a gorgeous dog.
    speaking of attachment three years ago i moved into a house and could not take my cat, sweet l'orange. i found him a good home and i've regretted it every day since. literally. i think of his face and i could cry.

awww that is sad, doriangray. i'm glad that he you were able to find him a good home, though. it is horrible having to part with a pet.

2 male dogs. Vito is a pit-mix, and is almost 2. Shiloh is a choc. lab, and is almost 1. Before them, I had Bear, a lab-mix. He was with me from puppyhood to the age of 15. He got very sick and we put him down. Hardest day of my life, that was. I cried and cried.

southernbelle, that is such a sweet story. I'm so glad you have Balto back. You are both very lucky. She's a gorgeous dog I love stories like this that have such a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    2 male dogs. Vito is a pit-mix, and is almost 2. Shiloh is a choc. lab, and is almost 1. Before them, I had Bear, a lab-mix. He was with me from puppyhood to the age of 15. He got very sick and we put him down. Hardest day of my life, that was. I cried and cried.
    Aww, that's so sad. Sorry, Rockchick.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

OMG southernbelle, that is really one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen! take more pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is one of Balto cuddling with me while we watch tv.

Aw....he is so gorgeous, and you're not so bad either!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information