Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How attached are you to your animals?

I cried and cried and I even prayed repeatedly before I had to fly my dog Puppy on a cross-country flight and then a transatlantic flight. And I'm nowhere near religious.

But I just can't handle the thought of anything happening to him, he's my baby and part of the family. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. I think I'm going to get incredibly depressed and inconsolable when it's finally his time...

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    Awww, I choked up reading that. What was his name? What kind of dog was he? I'm so sad for you. I'm not actually a 'dog person' (at least not yet, my family is working on me), but I know that they are so much like people...such a big part of the family. Maybe you could share some happy details about his life?
    His name was Fellow, he was a some kind of German hound, my dad wanted to use him for hunting, but that wasn't his thing. Nothing was his thing, he was so unpretentious, he never wanted to please. But he was kind and loving and he had a way of communicating with me that helped me through everything. He sensed everything that was going on with me and he was always by my side. As a teen I was much closer to him than I was to my parents. He even had a sense of humour, believe or not! And sometimes he was pissed with me and shunned me. He cracked me up.

Thats's what he looked like as a puppy, it's not him, I found the pic online and it looks just like him:

Cute, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^Aww, Chilly...that's so sad. You'll never replace the dog you had and loved so much. Maybe you could open your heart and get another dog that needs a home, it may help fill that void.
    I thougt about that ever since, but I'm not ready yet. That sounds so cheesy, but it's true. It wouldn't be fair to the new dog either.

Aww, I'm sorry Chilly...but Fellow's look-alike in your picture is cute, as I'm sure Fellow himself was. Someday another dog might win your heart again...

OT, I know where that is in the picture, Chrissy Field in San Francisco! A great place for dog-walking. Miss it.

Elite Member

i adore my mom's dogs, especially one that i have spent a lot of time with. she is very affectionate and loyal. she is 7 or 8 years old tho, so i don't know if she will live very long. i will die when we lose her

I know that feeling, xoxo. But I always figure, it's only so sad because I had the incredible luck of having a dog like that.

Elite Member

^^
    yeah, totally. she is really the greatest dog i have ever seen. so loyal and affectionate that it is unbelievable.
    dogs just totally rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm more attached to my animals than I am to most people that are not from my immediate family.

Elite Member

^^
    me too. i spend so much time w/ them that i suppose it's inevitable lol

Bronze Member

Default Bailey

I have a cat named bailey. he is my world. i dont know what i would do without him. he is a fat chubby little black tabby

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I'm more attached to my animals than I am to most people that are not from my immediate family.
    Me, too. When I am at my work, I wonder what they are doing(more likely eating or napping), and I don't like to be away from them for very long. When I've had to travel, I've always tried to take them with me, if it was feasible.

I adore my pug and my three cats. Just ADORE them. I'm convinced that my cat Caramac is my demon (for those of you who've read 'The Northern Lights' trilogy, then you'll know what I mean!). They all have such special and individual personalitys and I'd be lost without them.
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Yes, pets do have such unique personalities and that makes them so entertaining. And it makes me feel so loved when they greet me at the door when I come home from work.

I love my labrador soooo much.

She has helped me through the last 18 months (which have been awful) She makes me relax when I am anxious, happy when I am sad, laugh when I want to cry.

I don't want any kids, I just want dogs.

I have grown kids and have had pets my whole life. I love my kids and grandkids completely, but I would die in a world with just people and no animals, just die from loneliness and heartbreak. Whereas I feel I could live in a world with animals and no people and still be quite happy.
    I know I'm crazy
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

No, you're not crazy. Pets give unconditional love. People don't always do that.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information