Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How attached are you to your animals?

Quote Originally Posted by sinnergirl View Post
    Silver are your males fixed? I have a 10 month old male that is not fixed yet and he is causing all kinds of drama!

they are all fixed but one, Jasper..and i think we will be breeding him at some point...hes only a year old...but when he turned like 6 months until he was about 10 months...he caused so much trouble at our house!!! Pulled a package of thawing chicken breasts out of the sink...we never did find any chicken. There was part of a bag sticking out of where we keep our bread, he pulled on the bag and opened the drawer...so he went on to eat peanut butter crackers, english muffins, bagels...he has eaten 2 sticks of butter..and never got sick!! i cant believe it, howie ate a stick of butter once too but he got really sick from it..Jas has pulled the coffee maker down off the counter, ripped a whole roll of paper towels and toilet paper to shreds...but we still love him!! Supposively once they are fixed they calm down a lot...Jasper has calmed down since he got a little older..im anxious to see if this calms Hemi down at all, she wasnt really hyper to begin with, but in the past 2 weeks she has started to not listen to me..i had been letting her off the leash and she had been doing really well..now all of a sudden shes got a mind of her own and does not want to hear anything i have to say
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

He sounds like my dog!!! I never get a peaceful moment anymore. His latest trick is running out the front door anytime someone is coming or going and hauling ass down the damn street. He never did that before until the last couple weeks. It takes about three of us to catch his ass and bring him back home!!! I hope having him neutered helps.
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

I'm reading about all of your pets and it's giving me a chuckle. I have 5 pets now. 4 cats and a dog. Don't know what I would do without them. I have lost some cats to old age and one to cancer (which was just awful) and one to kidney disease (very hard on the kitty and heartbreaking to me too). I've cried and been depressed every time. I think that I'll never get over it. It's just like any other death I've experienced. Two of my cats are siblings and they are 14. I've been told they are very healthy and should plan on having them for a while. The other two are 8 and are still doing very well. The love of my life (and my boyfriends) is our 8 year old Lab, Josie. We both know that she comes first!! We love her more than we love each other (twisted, huh). Would each pick her in a heartbeat over each other (and I SWEAR we love each other to pieces). She's 8, but has the heart of a 2 year old. Still runs around like a mad woman, goes "counter surfing" all of the time. Never met a meal she didn't like. Has eaten plenty of things that have warranted a trip to the emergency room...a whole (yes bones and all) rotiserrie chicken and some ant traps. She's also eaten countless loaves of bread, sticks of butter, cakes, pies, bowls of cat food, cat litter, packs of thawing chicken (you're not alone silver), an entire Sara Lee Butter Pound cake, gotten into and eaten various rotten things in the garbage, etc. She's a wonder dog, but she's fun as hell and I love her so much!!

I love people who love their pets! You guys are great. When I dropped my little boy off to be neutered I cried throughout the day. I knew he was in good hands but I kept thinking that he would worry that I would never return to pick him up. I was freaking out because I didn't want him to feel like I had abandoned him. He was young and I had never dropped him off anywhere until then and so I was really upset. I'm the one who is too attached! Ha! Now I take him as well as his little sister to the groomers and I'm doing better (not crying all day long) but I'm still never at peace until I pick them up.

I had four dogs but had to put one of them to sleep two weeks ago. She got really sick and within a week there was nothing left for the vets to do. It was so unexpected that I'm still in shock. I don't have human children, only canine ones, so they are my life. I just love them so much! But as her vet said, you have to focus on the ones that are living so that's what I'm doing; focusing on her brother and sisters. Although, I did plant a new rose bush in her honor. She loved to smell the roses in the garden.

Cheers to all you animal lovers! You make the world a happier place.

Sorry you lost one of your babies. It hurts, but you did the best thing for her.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

I am attached to my kitty daisy . She is a long haired calico and is kinda fat. She's very pretty and healthy for her age.

I had one dog as a child. My only pet ever, except for a mouse I caught and killed accidentally the first day I had it.
    I got him when I was nine, he died aged 16 four years ago. I don't mean to sound psycho, but it broke my heart permanently. I still cry over him. He was my best friend and a family member. I have not learned to deal with it. All I want is to have him back.
    I don't know if I ever get another pet. I didn't go out to buy a new gradma either.

^^Aww, Chilly...that's so sad. You'll never replace the dog you had and loved so much. Maybe you could open your heart and get another dog that needs a home, it may help fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I had one dog as a child. My only pet ever, except for a mouse I caught and killed accidentally the first day I had it.
    I got him when I was nine, he died aged 16 four years ago. I don't mean to sound psycho, but it broke my heart permanently. I still cry over him. He was my best friend and a family member. I have not learned to deal with it. All I want is to have him back.
    I don't know if I ever get another pet. I didn't go out to buy a new gradma either.

Awww, I choked up reading that. What was his name? What kind of dog was he? I'm so sad for you. I'm not actually a 'dog person' (at least not yet, my family is working on me), but I know that they are so much like people...such a big part of the family. Maybe you could share some happy details about his life?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

My cat is 21, how attached do you think I am? I had to put her son to sleep last year at age 18, he was the cat of my life. I'm still not over it.

I'm so attached to my kitties I can't believe it. I'm worried about my little Pixel today. He has been moping and acting really depressed. Not like him at all. He is usually very playful..crazy-playful in fact. What could be wrong with him? If he doesn't act more like himself soon, I will be calling my vet. Ugh...I wish he could talk to me and tell me what is wrong.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

This is how insane I am about my cat. I have already made arrangements that when my cat dies, he'll be cremated and when I die, I will be as well. Our ashes are going to mixed together and scattered somewhere.

I think I will be horribly depressed when he does die. He's been the best little buddy I could have ever asked for. He's 10 now and hope he's around for another 10 .

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    My cat is 21, how attached do you think I am? I had to put her son to sleep last year at age 18, he was the cat of my life. I'm still not over it.
    This was very sad to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    This is how insane I am about my cat. I have already made arrangements that when my cat dies, he'll be cremated and when I die, I will be as well. Our ashes are going to mixed together and scattered somewhere.

I think I will be horribly depressed when he does die. He's been the best little buddy I could have ever asked for. He's 10 now and hope he's around for another 10 .

This was very sad to read.
    You're not insane at all, I told all my relatives I want my cats ashes in with me. Husband said keep him out of that urn please. Thanks for your kind words re my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    Sorry you lost one of your babies. It hurts, but you did the best thing for her.
    Thank you for your nice words. They are appreciated.

I have four cats of my own and I'm attached to all of them. I can't even think about something bad happening to them. I had one cat that I was extremely attached to, and she died suddenly while I was away at school early last year. I happened to be home the weekend she went into the vet for feeling bad, and when I went back to school, I called home to check in with my mom about her. She told me she had died of kidney failure. I still cry just thinking about her and looking at her pictures. I feel so guilty for being home when she was about to die and not even knowing it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information