Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The house is so quiet and empty...

Sorry Trixie

So sorry Trixie. Sending hugs your way. It's been a week and a day....and it still sucks and seems very raw. I catch myself setting aside the last piece of meat on my plate, thinking of swingin' down the doggie treat isle at the store, looking for him under the covers where he used to like to hide. It takes me a second to realize the reality, and it always hits me like a sledgehammer. There's no reason for me not to stretch out in bed when i sleep, but I still sleep all cockeyed like he is still hogging my side. Every morning I've still opened the sliding patio door like I'm letting him out, tell him "Be a good boy, Momma loves you, Be home soon". Then I cry all the way to work. Then I cry all the way home knowing he won't be howling at the gate to greet me and give me doggie kisses, only to bawl even harder when I actually pull in the driveway and know it's true. It's only been a week, but it feels like forever since I cuddled with him, gave him "itchy scratchies", and told him how my day was. We've narrowed down to 3 choices on a gravemarker, and I'm going to plant a lot of hostas around the area, He always loved to lay under my hostas. I've had a lot of people try to give comfort. Only a couple have said something assenine. I was talking to a guy at work about it and another co-worker approached our conversation and asked what was wrong. The first guy said " Lisa's upset cause she killed her dog". I felt like the breath was knocked out of me. The other co-worker lit into him. I think he was trying to make a joke, but didn't quite grasp how grief stricken i was . I don't think he's someone who understands that for some of us, losing our "babies" is just as hard as if they were a human part of our family. He's generally a nice guy and has appologized several times since. But still, it really gets me that he said it...in jest or otherwise. I'm including all my GR furbaby mommas and daddies in my prayers. Hugs to all of you who are missing furry family members. RIP "Squirrel-Butt" Earl...

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

That guy needs a punch, I'll do it. That post was really sad and showed how our pets are such a major part of our lives. When Honey, my lab, died I even missed her shed hairs being around. It's the small things that can hurt the most.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

really^, they give us so much meaning and enrichment in our lives and the little guys and gals don't even know how much they mean to us and never can understand.

OMG! How did he think that was funny? He is an oaf.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information