Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The house is so quiet and empty...

OMG, so sorry Lisa. Reading your posts brings tears to my eyes. I've been in your shoes and it hurts, even 3 years later. Just try to remember all of the good times.

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's important to remember the good times and do something to celebrate his life. My dog loved a particular type of plant so we planted a few of them and buried her ashes underneath them.

Losing my dog was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced, but it does get easier as time goes by.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

lisalucy, I'm so sorry. Reading this thread is so hard, because I've just made arrangements to have my beautiful border collie put down next week. We've been fighting a horribly aggressive tumor on her hip the last few months. Three surgeries and each time it came back worse than before. Due to her age (almost 15) we are really out of options now, because the options will most likely kill her anyway.

She's been such a trouper and still has all her faculties so losing her now is excruciating. I know we are doing the right thing but I don't know how I'm gonna get through it. If she seemed sick or in pain I think it would be easier. I've lost other pets over the years but I have to say this one is the hardest.

Just trying to make her final week with us a good one. Off to have another cry now.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

my heart goes out to you, I lost a cat too at only a year old and I regret it all the time and it still stings that pain, take comfort in the fact that you were a great parent and your loved one had a wonderful life I'm sure

Thank you, Alice. I'm sorry about your cat, I know losing a young one hurts really bad too. My girl has had a great life, loved much and will be missed so much. I'm sure I'll find comfort in time, after I get over grieving. At least I hope so.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories. I know how hard it must be for you. I feel pretty selfish, because although I knew my GR friends would understand what i was going through, I didn't even think about the fact that I'm not the only one to feel this loss. Your stories have made me feel better. Not so much eased the hurt, but made me smile to know you'd all take the time to share your kind words, stories, and losses to help me through. Bless all of you.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

that's why we all care so much, b/c i think we've all been there. its a pretty difficult thing to go through and you're never prepared for it or completely over it, but someday soon you'll be able to look back and not cry anymore, but smile

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    Honey, I really love the picture of the footprints, thank you for sharing it. Where did you find it? Is there somewhere I could find it? Again, thank you everyone...from the bottom of my heart <3
    Hi, the pic is here
    May Memories Of Fun You Shared – Pet Sympathy Cards | Sympathy Sayings

Quote Originally Posted by roslyntaberfan View Post
    My dog loved a particular type of plant so we planted a few of them and buried her ashes underneath them.
    Losing my dog was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced, but it does get easier as time goes by.
    That's a nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    lisalucy, I'm so sorry. Reading this thread is so hard, because I've just made arrangements to have my beautiful border collie put down next week. We've been fighting a horribly aggressive tumor on her hip the last few months. Three surgeries and each time it came back worse than before. Due to her age (almost 15) we are really out of options now, because the options will most likely kill her anyway.
    She's been such a trouper and still has all her faculties so losing her now is excruciating. I know we are doing the right thing but I don't know how I'm gonna get through it. If she seemed sick or in pain I think it would be easier. I've lost other pets over the years but I have to say this one is the hardest.
    Just trying to make her final week with us a good one. Off to have another cry now.
    Aw Trixie that is so sad

Elite Member

I found my Lulu's fancy silver amd turquoise collar today on the farm. Towards the last few months she had lost a lot of weight and lost the fancy collar she had worn for 10 years just before she died. I found the collar (which had been run over by the mowers)_ cleaned and oiled it and put it in the special laquered box in my office with her paw print in cement from the vet. There will never be another Lucy.

Lisalucy, I hope the days have brought you some comfort. It's going to take a while, but I hope you and your hubby are doing better.

When we lost our girl, we packed up all of Josie's special things and put them in a big tote box. Her bowl, her collars, her favorite toys, a clip of her hair and her paw print. I haven't been able to open the box, but I'm comforted knowing that it's there. I miss her like crazy and cry when I think about her, but over all, I think about all of the funny things.

We ended up getting a dog about a month after we lost Josie. We wanted another lab, but we got the exact opposite of her. She was a smart as a whip, black lab and Toby is a dingdong, rock eating, doofus yellow boy. He plays with the toys that Josie wasn't too fond of and we know that she would be ok with that He has brought so much love and healing to us.

I hope you're well.

I hope you're ok lisalucy and Trixie xxx

Thank you, Honey. We had our girl euthanized yesterday. She wasn't herself the last few days and there just wasn't any reason to put it off any longer. She went through so much in the last few months and she fought really hard but the fucking tumor won.

Just trying to keep busy, not much else I can do. *sigh*

Hope you are doing ok, lisalucy.

Love and hugs to you, Lisalucy and Trixie. Went through this with my precious girl back in February and it still hurts so bad. Just hold all those wonderful memories close to your heart, they will always be a part of you. Such faithful and loyal love can never go away.

Thoughts are with you both. Sending all my love your way! Losing a family pet is honestly like losing a sibling or child.

I got my cat when I was 3 (she was 4 y/o) and she was truly my best friend until she died when I was 16. She was with us for a few months short of 14 years. Not a day goes by when I don't think of her and miss her. She was very perceptive and people would always remark at how it seemed as though she was human because she understood what was going on around her and could read people so well.

I hope you're both feeling better with each day that passes and that you're both dealing with this hard time okay. My heart goes out to you xoxo

A*O

I've stayed away from posting because this is just so heartbreaking. We have 2 dogs, black mini schnauzer brothers, and I honestly dread the day we have to deal with losing them. They are absolutely like our children (we have 2 of those too) and the thought of not having one on our bed every night and the other on his special chair in the corner of the bedroom is too much to think about. Hell, I miss them when they are at the grooming parlour for a whole day every 3 months. I can't offer much to comfort you so soon after losing your beloved pet and you are feeling so raw, but I hope you find it a little easier every day and that you will begin to remember him with more happiness than sadness as time passes.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information