Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Hit a cat, I'll hit your kid' upsets town

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Accidents happen, so if your cat darts out in the road and gets hit i don't know that you can blame a driver. Sure, some people are pricks who hit animals when they could have slowed down. I'd kick the fuck out of someone if I saw them do that to any animal, mine or otherwise. But the same holds true for kids. If your kid comes out of nowhere into the street on his bike and gets hit, don't blame the driver. Shit, I expect an 8 yr old to have at least half the sense of a cat and they should know better than to play in the road...dogs and cats don't.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember riding in a car with a friend of mine and passing a sign on the road that said "White cat killer burn in hell."

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I remember riding in a car with a friend of mine and passing a sign on the road that said "White cat killer burn in hell."
    That would've broken my heart. I even feel bad about roadkill.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I always say, Bless his lil' soul -when I see a dead anything.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    Me,too. I ran over a pidgeon on the highway going 55 miles per hour. He just walked in front of my car and I couldn't swereve because there was a concrete wall on one side and a car on the other. When I go home there were his little feathers stuck in the grill of the car near the headlights. I felt like crap all day even though I couldn't help it. I just kept telling myself he was old, sick, or just plain ready to die.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about keeping your pwecious little babies off the friggin road? I don't get these pet owners who claim to love their pets as much as they would their kids and then let them wander all over the place to be run over by cars. I don't let my kids roam on the roads, hell I never let my pets roam on the roads. Why? Because I LOVE them and I have those 2 special IQ points that tell me that if it comes down to cat vs car, car wins.

I live on a small street, part of it is overlooking a small ravine, and is a scant 2 lanes wide, it's about a 20 foot steep drop if someone were to drive over. The rest of the road, there is room to maneuvre. I always break for animals of all sorts, but if it's animal vs 20 foot drop, sorry, I'm not going to kill myself because some asshole can't be bothered to care for their animal. And the crazy thing is, I'll hate myself for it.

I HATE...HAAAAAAATE assholes who let their pets wander and especially those who do so and then go crying about how everyone else is responsible for the well being of their pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I thought she was talking about people in cars accidentally running over her stupid feral cats.

Is she talking about people's children abusing animals? Her stupid message is muddled. Crazy cat lady FAIL.

I agree, if you didn't know the story, her sign would just look crazed & ambiguous & threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Accidents happen, so if your cat darts out in the road and gets hit i don't know that you can blame a driver.
    True. I have run over a squirrel, a chipmunk & a turtle. I have had 2 or 3 birds hit my car, and despite lots of swerving, I know I've run over lots of frogs. It just kills me every time & I get really upset. OH and an armadillo. That was horrible. Damn, I didn't realize I had a death list that long.

I had a dog get out of the fence once & it was killed on the road. Never occurred to me to blame the driver. I made a choice to move my cats outside with full knowledge of the dangers.

I'm too lazy to look, but did the article say that the cat was killed on the bike lane? Does that mean that the driver got off the road on purpose? I know there are evil people like this out there, but I hate to even imagine it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Teixeira? Her name reeks of Pah-gen-tray. But there are no y's in there, so I'm sure she's only a runner up.

Pfff, it's a Portuguese surname.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    actually teixeira sounds like a portuguese last name to me.

Bingo!
    Last edited by Tati; May 28th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

I know she's batshit crazy, but the sign made me laugh
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    I always say, Bless his lil' soul -when I see a dead anything.
    So do I Rhonda! If I see a dead animal on the side of the road, I have to look away. It seriously tears me up. I'm such an animal lover...in my state, there are TONS of dead deer on the sides of the roads all of the time. I never get numb to it.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Me,too. I ran over a pidgeon on the highway going 55 miles per hour. He just walked in front of my car and I couldn't swereve because there was a concrete wall on one side and a car on the other. When I go home there were his little feathers stuck in the grill of the car near the headlights. I felt like crap all day even though I couldn't help it. I just kept telling myself he was old, sick, or just plain ready to die.
    You couldn't help it crumpet, sometimes accidents DO happen, such as this. The other day, I nearly hit a squirrel--I had to slam on my brakes and all, but thank god the little guy got away. I would've lost it, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofeve View Post
    How about keeping your pwecious little babies off the friggin road? I don't get these pet owners who claim to love their pets as much as they would their kids and then let them wander all over the place to be run over by cars. I don't let my kids roam on the roads, hell I never let my pets roam on the roads. Why? Because I LOVE them and I have those 2 special IQ points that tell me that if it comes down to cat vs car, car wins.

I live on a small street, part of it is overlooking a small ravine, and is a scant 2 lanes wide, it's about a 20 foot steep drop if someone were to drive over. The rest of the road, there is room to maneuvre. I always break for animals of all sorts, but if it's animal vs 20 foot drop, sorry, I'm not going to kill myself because some asshole can't be bothered to care for their animal. And the crazy thing is, I'll hate myself for it.

I HATE...HAAAAAAATE assholes who let their pets wander and especially those who do so and then go crying about how everyone else is responsible for the well being of their pet.
    That's why my cat is an indoor cat. Problem solved. And besides, she's smart enough NOT to get hit anyway, even if she WERE to get outside. She never goes out unsupervised anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

True. I have run over a squirrel, a chipmunk & a turtle. I have had 2 or 3 birds hit my car, and despite lots of swerving, I know I've run over lots of frogs. It just kills me every time & I get really upset. OH and an armadillo. That was horrible. Damn, I didn't realize I had a death list that long.

I had a dog get out of the fence once & it was killed on the road. Never occurred to me to blame the driver. I made a choice to move my cats outside with full knowledge of the dangers.

I'm too lazy to look, but did the article say that the cat was killed on the bike lane? Does that mean that the driver got off the road on purpose? I know there are evil people like this out there, but I hate to even imagine it.
    And you pick on Effie for running over grannies?

I agree with everyone else who says that she should keep her cats indoors instead of going on some crazy crusade and blaming the world because traffic and animals don't tend to mix very well. You would have cat runs in the US, right? Like, long caged tunnels, connected to the cat flap, that cats can use to run about "outdoors"? She could even just put in one of those.

I've never had a cat but if I did, I would be too worried about its welfare (not to mention about it killing wild birds or small native animals... or getting in a duel with a snake) to let it just roam about outside. I'd keep it an indoor-only cat or get a cat run.

I had to reassure an old school friend of mine recently because he'd accidentally run over a rabbbit on his motorbike! He was so upset. Thank goodness we were talking over MSN, though - as bad as I felt for him and the rabbit, I wouldn't have been able to suppress a smirk at the image of this manly Army guy who rides a motorbike getting distressed because he hit a bunny.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

A few years ago, my mom accidentally ran over a raccoon that was trying to cross a dark street in the middle of the night. She started screaming, called the police and begged them to come out there and try to bring it back to life. She started crying and hyperventilating because they flat out refused and told her to move on.

So she turned around and went back to her job and begged her boss to go all the way out there to check on the raccoon, because she was "too scared" to do it herself. Being a nice guy, he did, and of course it was dead. When he told me about it the next day, he was cracking up over the fact that my mom was clinging on to him for dear life and had called 911 and was yelling at them. He also said that he thought about lying to her and telling her that it just got up and ran away so it must be fine, because he didn't want to face her tears. She's an avid animal lover like me, but perhaps she took that a little too far.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I ran over a family of bunnies once and killed two of the babies. I was miserable for weeks, mostly because my then 4yo son kept bringing it up.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Some stupid bird flew into the windshield of my mother's car, and my mother was so distraught for weeks.. nothing she could do, on the highway, and it was instant.. stupid bird.

ANyway, every so often i'd be all "hey remember that bird you killed? The one that was returning from foraging with food for its babies? Gosh, they must have died from hunger by now too.. you're a mass murderer.. "

I'd usually get the hand flail into the back seat of the car trying to slap me while she drive
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information