Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Hero cat saves four year old boy from dog attack

Yay, Tara!!! Take that, all you people who think cats don't love their owners!!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; May 15th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I wonder if it was about territory as much as the child. We had this cat when I was a kid - a silver tabby longhair - weighed about 15 pounds and none of it was fat. Had fur like light armor. Claws were like surgical needles. He was incredibly territorial. If a dog came into the yard, it was game on. There had been a German shepherd that was running loose around our neighborhood and scaring the crap out of kids. Luckily, it didn't bite, but just barked. Our cat sliced him and chased him out of the front yard like he was a pekingese.

This cat is amazing!!!

I'm a dog person, but have always liked cats. Never saw one go into attack mode like that though. About the killer dog....had a neighbor with an insane dog like that. One day he went after the kid across the street, tore up his leg. The kid got stitches.

That dog was a menace and I'm a dog lover!!! My own kids were terrified to play outside. I called animal control and they kept blowing smoke about how they couldn't do anything. Finally the dog attacked his own family member's kid. They were the only ones who didn't see it coming. People are nuts.

This cat meant fuckin' business!!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    This cat is amazing!!!

I'm a dog person, but have always liked cats. Never saw one go into attack mode like that though. About the killer dog....had a neighbor with an insane dog like that. One day he went after the kid across the street, tore up his leg. The kid got stitches.

That dog was a menace and I'm a dog lover!!! My own kids were terrified to play outside. I called animal control and they kept blowing smoke about how they couldn't do anything. Finally the dog attacked his own family member's kid. They were the only ones who didn't see it coming. People are nuts.
    There used to be a German Shepherd in the close where I grew up and it was a mean bastard that was forever escaping its back garden. When it was loose I'd have to phone my brother to come and walk me to the house as extra protection from it. Numerous complaints were made to the local authority/dog wardens about it but the fucktards would always send a letter announcing a visit and the dog would mysteriously disappear for a few days and then return after the wardens had been. In the end I heard it was run over and killed by one of the other neighbours. I always wondered if it was really an accident or whether they'd had enough of them and their kids being terrorised...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    There used to be a German Shepherd in the close where I grew up and it was a mean bastard that was forever escaping its back garden. When it was loose I'd have to phone my brother to come and walk me to the house as extra protection from it. Numerous complaints were made to the local authority/dog wardens about it but the fucktards would always send a letter announcing a visit and the dog would mysteriously disappear for a few days and then return after the wardens had been. In the end I heard it was run over and killed by one of the other neighbours. I always wondered if it was really an accident or whether they'd had enough of them and their kids being terrorised...

My guess is the neighbor had had enough. I'm a diehard animal lover, but I secretly thought about doing in our neighbor's dog. They finally got rid of it after it bit their own kid.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I would agree that someone had had enough. What was wrong with those people that they continuously let their dog escape? Figure it out! The the day that my husky/shepherd figured out how to open my fence gate and went on a little joy run to White Castle (I hope he was drunk), I got a lock put on that thing. He's not aggressive, but I would hate to think of him getting hit by a car or even worse, biting someone that was shewing him off or something.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I don't think the owners gave a shit as the dog was outside most of the time, either in the yard or roaming loose and terrifying people. I just couldn't get over how ridiculous the dog wardens were to keep sending her letters warning of a visit (the bitch had the same surname as me and we had a lazy postman so I'd often get her mail as our house was before hers on the route. That's how I found out when she ended up in Court for benefit fraud! )
    laynes likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information