Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Help, my kitten has a swollen lower lip

Prednisone is a corticosteroid.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Ok, thanks! Now I feel super stupid. I wonder what complex thing he was talking about then? Oh well. I will stick to insurance.

Nah, you're not stupid.
    Froogy likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Maybe he was trying to impress you and will ask for a Friday night date when you call back Thursday.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Listen! If you cat liked that vet, you should,too. Cats know best.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

@constancespry haha, he is at least twice my age with a ring on his finger! I hope not!

@ mcjag I was impressed. She has never met a man she has liked.

I had only been lurking in this thread since I didn't have any helpful advice, but I'm so glad the little kitty is going to be OK!
    Froogy likes this.

Froogy, my beautiful Dusty had those when he was maybe 12 years old. The same big swollen bottom lip, sort of on lip and upper chin. It wasn't noticeable because of his fur but as it got bigger I saw it and we went to the doctor. He had the same shots plus some kind of liquid cortisone, I can't really remember. He lost the fur under the chin as it began to protrude but it all grew back. Please please pay attention to them.

Check him everywhere all the time all over his face and body, ears, inside mouth. They were non cancerous cysts. After he went to the doctor and gave him all the meds the chin/lip got so much bigger before it shrank and went away. He got a few on his body later on, stomach, hind leg but no more on his face. I'm not an alarmist but I want you to be aware. I'd hate myself if I didn't give you all my info - knowing it may never apply to Ramsay. The cyst on his thigh (again found after I felt him all over the place) - it needed surgery. I think it started to grow inside so they took it out. Shaved his thigh and back leg my poor boy.

Well, The Dust was VERY vain. He didn't hide but he felt very unattractive and let me know he was not pleased with me! He healed and got better. They never returned. He lived a spoiled and fun life for 16 years. See the expression on his face? That was the yeah, bitch? face.

McJag, Waterslide and dexter7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Froogy, my beautiful Dusty had those when he was maybe 12 years old. The same big swollen bottom lip, sort of on lip and upper chin. It wasn't noticeable because of his fur but as it got bigger I saw it and we went to the doctor. He had the same shots plus some kind of liquid cortisone, I can't really remember. He lost the fur under the chin as it began to protrude but it all grew back. Please please pay attention to them.

Check him everywhere all the time all over his face and body, ears, inside mouth. They were non cancerous cysts. After he went to the doctor and gave him all the meds the chin/lip got so much bigger before it shrank and went away. He got a few on his body later on, stomach, hind leg but no more on his face. I'm not an alarmist but I want you to be aware. I'd hate myself if I didn't give you all my info - knowing it may never apply to Ramsay. The cyst on his thigh (again found after I felt him all over the place) - it needed surgery. I think it started to grow inside so they took it out. Shaved his thigh and back leg my poor boy.

Well, The Dust was VERY vain. He didn't hide but he felt very unattractive and let me know he was not pleased with me! He healed and got better. They never returned. He lived a spoiled and fun life for 16 years. See the expression on his face? That was the yeah, bitch? face.

Oh Chalet, Dusty was beautiful! He looks almost exactly like my Ramsay except my Ramsay doesnt have the white mouth. (I posted pics when I first found her last November and I cant remember how to post pics again)

Thank you for the info. I must rely on vet checks for the full body inspections and everything has checked out so far.

I found her at an early age outside my office but she still has feral behavior and will bite and scratch if I touch her if she isnt in the mood and she never is! Makes me sad, the cat I had before for 18 years, loved when I groomed her.
    Waterslide likes this.

Wow, Chalet, he was beautiful.
    Froogy and McJag like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information