Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! My dog has been throwing up

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    1Give the dog a tsp. or two of Pepto Bismol. If your dog refuses the liquid form, try a chewable tablet.
    Step2
    Put the dog on a bland diet. Boil some chicken breast without the skin. Cut it into small pieces and mix it with brown rice. Only give the dog a couple of Tbsp. at a time.
    Step3
    Keep her drinking. It is important that your dog drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration. If she is having trouble keeping water down, try giving her ice cubes or ice chips to suck on. To test for dehydration, pinch a small amount of the dog's skin and watch how it responds when you release it. If the skin is slow returning to normal position, she is starting to dehydrate and needs emergency care.
    Step4
    Collect a stool sample and a sample of the vomit to bring with you to the vet's office. Keep the samples in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
    That is all good advice as well, especially the Pepto and taking a vomit sample. I used to have to give my ferret pepto for his ulcers. It's safe for most animals.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

ferrets get ulcers? wtf do they have to be stressed out about
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Don't wait to take the dog to the vet if the dog is dehydrated. Lethargy and disinterest in water suggest that's the case. Often if a dog is dehydrated, it will not drink. Odd, I know, but strangely a typical occurance. In addition, check the gums. If they're pale, the dog is dehydrated.

In addition, vomiting food after eating added to complete disinterest in food afterward sounds like an obstruction. I'd get the dog to the vet or emergency clinic ASAP.

Mesa

Any news????

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ferrets get ulcers? wtf do they have to be stressed out about
    Yeah, one of mine was a nervous type. He got upset anytime I went out of town for the night or for the weekend or if we went on vacation. His nose would turn brown and he wouldn't eat. Sometimes he'd bang his nose on the cage. So, I had a ritual: give the pepto 2x per day along with the anti-biotic (the vet would have it ready when I called), and spoon feed him special canned food mixed with treat 2x per day. Every time he would quickly get better. He wouldn't eat his food out of his dish but he gobbled it up from my hand, manipulative little bastard, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Yeah, one of mine was a nervous type. He got upset anytime I went out of town for the night or for the weekend or if we went on vacation. His nose would turn brown and he wouldn't eat. Sometimes he'd bang his nose on the cage. So, I had a ritual: give the pepto 2x per day along with the anti-biotic (the vet would have it ready when I called), and spoon feed him special canned food mixed with treat 2x per day. Every time he would quickly get better. He wouldn't eat his food out of his dish but he gobbled it up from my hand, manipulative little bastard, lol.
    how funny.. ferrets are so cool.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Just checking in to see if there is an update..
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

Me too, what is up with the pup Angelais?

Talk to us!!!

My ex roomates had a ferret.. i liked it except the whole "ferrets shit in every corner of the apartment" thing. I mean, sure it's neat that they will only shit in the corner of 2 walls, but ALL of the corners? Just pick one!

They were more fun to play with than a cat... they LOVE playing. That little wardance they do is adorable.

The little fuckers also hoard things.. every day i had to go searching for my gel shoe insoles cuzs the bastard would dig them out of my boots and drag them to his little nest.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My ex roomates had a ferret.. i liked it except the whole "ferrets shit in every corner of the apartment" thing. I mean, sure it's neat that they will only shit in the corner of 2 walls, but ALL of the corners? Just pick one!

They were more fun to play with than a cat... they LOVE playing. That little wardance they do is adorable.

The little fuckers also hoard things.. every day i had to go searching for my gel shoe insoles cuzs the bastard would dig them out of my boots and drag them to his little nest.
    Ha! They were "gel'in"
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Tell me more about this wardance.

Yeah, they are really little so it is actually quite a distance for them to go all the way across the room to find that one corner. I used to just put newspaper in every corner and throw it away when I put them back up. Ferrets live for snuggling together and playing. They have this permanent kittenhood. They also have very unique personalities. My boy was absolutely obsessed with ciggs and lighters. He would take any unopened carton, an open or sealed pack, and take them to his hiding place (a corner or behind my bed). I saved all the empty packs and we used them as toys. When we let him out we just threw packs all around the room and he just spent an hour or so getting them all and taking them to his spot. He would take lighters and line them up end to end under my bed along the wall. My girl didn't steal but she liked to roll around in ashtrays and wastebaskets. She was the feisty one and he was the laid back one (with the ulcer problem). They loved loud noises. She would hop on the vacuum cleaner if I turned it on but I sledom let her cause i was afraid she'd get sucked up accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Tell me more about this wardance.
    They hunch up their backs and jump around side to side squeaking in a chriping or giggling sound. They'd wrestle and chase each other.

Hey guys, just an update. Well yesterday Spanky started drinking water, and ate one dog biscuit. No throwing up at all. This morning he wanted to play fetch with his stuffed piggy and ate a little more.

It seems that whatever bug he had is gone - thank god!

Thanks for your concern.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information