Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Heartbroken

Elite Member

I'm so sorry Jade. Romeo was 13 as well. This one is hitting me so hard. He was such a good cat and he left a really big void.

I am sure. My cat has done the same with me, and I wasn't expecting that. I never wanted the cat years ago, my husband brought her home for my middle daughter. She had two outside pups ran over within a few months of each other and thought everything she loved would die. Heart breaker there.... So my hubby found this kitty along side the road, crying beside her dead brother or sister who had been ran over. He scooped her up and brought her home. He figured having a kitty inside would keep it safe and sound for our daughter. But, I am allergic to cats,...so I wasn't pleased to say the least...lol We co-existed for years, and her and I ended up bonding big time about 7 years ago. I never saw that one coming,....or her sudden illness and quick death over a 3 week period. *sigh*

It is just heart breaking when that little furry personality is gone from our daily lives and leaves us feeling so lonely. I totally understand what your feeling. Take some time with it, you had him for 13 years....that is a long time. I know he is in a better place and not suffering, and I also know he knew all that you did for him and he loved you for it. Letting them go is such a hard thing, but the most kind and loving thing you can do when they are sick, in pain and suffering. You are and were a great Mom to Romeo...and you were blessed by having the privilege of his love. *Hugs*
    tulip likes this.

Oh dear it's such a horrible time when we have to choose to let them go, nothing helps but time. My heart is with you Tulip, been there too many times. I don't have children and my critters are everything in the world to me. (((Tulip))) Tulip would be a great name for your next kitty.
    tulip likes this.

I'm so sorry *hugs*
    tulip likes this.

I'm so sorry, tulip. I didn't even want to click on this thread because I lost my beautiful little longhaired tortie a few months ago and I still can't think about it without tearing up. It's just so damn hard.
    tulip likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information