Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Anyone Had A Boa Draped Around The Shoulders?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    be nice... you could be a snack .. there he is on the phone "so Mom tonight I'm having tea and Crumpets".. bwahahaha OK that was bad but I had to go there.

Well, that was a good one. Another tidbit: female snakes get larger and heavier than male snakes. that's why when you hear about a 23 foot long snake it is usually referred to as female, because they are typically the only ones to get that big.

Speaking of my snake (named Kenzie), tonight I thawed out a rat but it hadn't thawed out fast enough so I put it in a cup of really hot water.It is enclosed in a small ziplock. Anyway, sometimes when you do that the rat can split open a bit. So, I gave him the rat with a little bit of gut hanging out and he still snatched it right out of my hand in a hurry so he must have been really hungry. After he wrapped himself around it (he still goes through the motions of constricting it) he kind of left it alone. I'm going back now to check and see if he finished it. If he didn't I'll have to buy another one tomorrow and let it thaw out naturally.

Fun times!!!!!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    The spider was probably a grammostola rosea. Theyre awesome. I have one. The hairs will not blind you, it'll sting like hell in your eyes will be red and teary for up to a few days, but you'll be ok. I'm speaking from experience.

I have also owned a boa constrictor, she was about 5' long. Unfortunately she died.

my brother had a spider named Enos. He built him a home two feet high and 6 ft by 6 ft of plexi glass - put a small train in there with a mini town. It was cool, the tarantula lived quite a while. My brother fed it a mouse once.. the squeeling got to him from then on it was crickets and meal worms.

My mother had a phobia of snakes which is why I made myself study them and appreciate them. I ran over a snake with the lawn mower (by accident), I had two marks on my leg - thought f I've been bit! Turns out when I hacked up the snake the lawn mower kicked up a rock. We had a lot of copperheads in Virginia so it's the first thing I thought about.

Burmese pythons removed from the everglades - sobering stats

2009 -367
    2008 - 343
    2007 - 248
    2006 - 170
    2005 - 94
    2004 - 70
    2003 - 23
    2002 - 14
    2001 - 3
    2000 - 2Total: 1,334

I once had a trouser snake draped over my shoulder. Does that count?
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    I once had a trouser snake draped over my shoulder. Does that count?
    and I hear you have a really great imagination too

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Well, that was a good one. Another tidbit: female snakes get larger and heavier than male snakes. that's why when you hear about a 23 foot long snake it is usually referred to as female, because they are typically the only ones to get that big.

Speaking of my snake (named Kenzie), tonight I thawed out a rat but it hadn't thawed out fast enough so I put it in a cup of really hot water.It is enclosed in a small ziplock. Anyway, sometimes when you do that the rat can split open a bit. So, I gave him the rat with a little bit of gut hanging out and he still snatched it right out of my hand in a hurry so he must have been really hungry. After he wrapped himself around it (he still goes through the motions of constricting it) he kind of left it alone. I'm going back now to check and see if he finished it. If he didn't I'll have to buy another one tomorrow and let it thaw out naturally.

Fun times!!!!!
    The fastest snake is a black mamba - I am glad to report they live in Africa because they will chase you down if they feel threatened, if they bite you, you've got about 15 minutes.

Snake with the longest fangs - fer de lance, second in line is the gaboon viper (my favorite because of the colors)
    The male king cobra will kill a female if she is nesting and the eggs belong to another king cobra - and the male is smaller but the female never puts up a fight.

Your poor snake, kind of sounds like he's stepping down from a TV dinner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information