Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Had to have our cat with cancer euthanized

Silver Member

Hi everybody. It is almost 3 weeks since I lost my boy and I am still so bereft. Devastated. I am back at work but burst into tears on the metro, in my office, walking in the hallways. It is not like this is the first time either... I lost my dogs 5 and 7 years ago. and my youngest brother 4 years ago. Anyway, I hope my fellow grieving GR friends are on the path to feeling better.

Hi pwry, hang in there, it takes a lot of time. Hug your other furries and let them comfort you, they need you.

Silver Member

Hi ConstanceSpry and all my fellow animal lover friends, I wanted to tell you I adopted a little girl today. She was found under a porch at approx. 7 weeks old and she is considered "feral'. She has the same colouring and eyes as my Milo. I lost him 4 weeks ago tomorrow and on one hand I am ahppy having to save a little one and on the other, I feeling horribly guilty and disloyal. I alternate between being happy and crying my eyes out. But I think this is the path we should all take when we lose our pets. We should adopt strays, right? Grieving a pet is so different than a human. Some say it is harder and I would tend to agree for different reasons. Anyways, friends, wanted to keep you posted and I hope you are all well.

xx

^^ Please don't feel like you're being disloyal to precious Milo.... look at it like he made such a wonderful impact on your life that you want to do it again. And remember that in a mama's heart, there's always plenty of room for another baby.

Bless you for taking in that sweet little girl. I think Milo would appreciate your loyalty and kindness for helping a fellow kitty in need. Maybe he even sent her to you, he knew she'd be in good hands.

Hugs and Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by pwry View Post
    Hi ConstanceSpry and all my fellow animal lover friends, I wanted to tell you I adopted a little girl today. She was found under a porch at approx. 7 weeks old and she is considered "feral'. She has the same colouring and eyes as my Milo. I lost him 4 weeks ago tomorrow and on one hand I am ahppy having to save a little one and on the other, I feeling horribly guilty and disloyal. I alternate between being happy and crying my eyes out. But I think this is the path we should all take when we lose our pets. We should adopt strays, right? Grieving a pet is so different than a human. Some say it is harder and I would tend to agree for different reasons. Anyways, friends, wanted to keep you posted and I hope you are all well.

xx
    I think its AWESOME you adopted a kitty that needed a home! I know it will take some time for everyone to get used to each other. Emotions running high and life kind of out of whack right now...but please remember that that little baby needed a home--a good one! And what a great thing you are doing by giving it to her. You should feel GOOD about it! Milo would want you to feel good about helping another kitty find such a great home where he was loved and taken such good care of. What a wonderful gift you have given that little girl!!!!

I'm sure she will be a terrific addition to your family. Congrats!!!

Now go and cuddle that sweet baby!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ Please don't feel like you're being disloyal to precious Milo.... look at it like he made such a wonderful impact on your life that you want to do it again. And remember that in a mama's heart, there's always plenty of room for another baby.

Bless you for taking in that sweet little girl. I think Milo would appreciate your loyalty and kindness for helping a fellow kitty in need. Maybe he even sent her to you, he knew she'd be in good hands.

Hugs and Congratulations!
    Thank you. Your words mean the world.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I think its AWESOME you adopted a kitty that needed a home! I know it will take some time for everyone to get used to each other. Emotions running high and life kind of out of whack right now...but please remember that that little baby needed a home--a good one! And what a great thing you are doing by giving it to her. You should feel GOOD about it! Milo would want you to feel good about helping another kitty find such a great home where he was loved and taken such good care of. What a wonderful gift you have given that little girl!!!!

I'm sure she will be a terrific addition to your family. Congrats!!!

Now go and cuddle that sweet baby!
    Thank you LynnieD! xx

pwry, I totally agree with everyone else, how wonderful that you are helping another needy cat. And what a lucky cat she is to end up in such a good home. Have you named her yet?

Pwry, you are a wonderful person! I am so happy for you and the baby kitty! Milo sent her to you, all you had to do was keep an open heart and you did. She will boss you around and take up all of your lap room. None of your things will be off limits to her, she will happily run your life. Just enjoy every new discovery moment of this new bundle of delight. The two of you will have the most wonderful Thanksgiving, ever!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

Thanks again, you guys. It really helps a lot to hear such wonderful words of support. How is everyone else dealing?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information