Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Had to have our cat with cancer euthanized

Attention! I don't know how many of you live close to Texas, but the Farmers Branch Animal Shelter (a kill shelter, but really fabulous staff) has a Maine Coon cat named Marnie up for grabs, adult spayed female. In case this works, here she is: City of Farmers Branch Animal Services

I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Very sad, my thoughts with all of these losses.

I'm still awkward with the sharing, but I guess this in an appropriate place. I'm kind of in pieces today. I went in late to work this morning, and as I was leaving, I found one of my cats alongside the main road. Winnie, my gray tabby. She has her tags on with her name, address, and phone number and I wish someone would have called or been able to do something for her.

She was one of five (six originally) in a complete litter that we kept. I live pretty far off the main road (which is only a two lane country road anyway) and am surrounded by woods, so all of the kitties are outdoor kitties. The love to be outdoors and are normally afraid to go near the road, much less the main road, but she's not been herself lately. She had only been around for meals and then went back to her same little spot in the woods, didn't want to be petted or coddled like the rest of the kitties.

My dad is going to come over after work and help me give her a proper burial. The one cat we lost before didn't die, he was catnapped by a construction worker at a neighbor's house, so she's the first one we've had to bury from a whole litter we've raised since birth. Their mom tried to kill them after they were born and they just turned into our babies. Sorry to ramble on. I just can't think of anything but my kitty babies right now.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I'm still awkward with the sharing, but I guess this in an appropriate place. I'm kind of in pieces today. I went in late to work this morning, and as I was leaving, I found one of my cats alongside the main road. Winnie, my gray tabby. She has her tags on with her name, address, and phone number and I wish someone would have called or been able to do something for her.

She was one of five (six originally) in a complete litter that we kept. I live pretty far off the main road (which is only a two lane country road anyway) and am surrounded by woods, so all of the kitties are outdoor kitties. The love to be outdoors and are normally afraid to go near the road, much less the main road, but she's not been herself lately. She had only been around for meals and then went back to her same little spot in the woods, didn't want to be petted or coddled like the rest of the kitties.

My dad is going to come over after work and help me give her a proper burial. The one cat we lost before didn't die, he was catnapped by a construction worker at a neighbor's house, so she's the first one we've had to bury from a whole litter we've raised since birth. Their mom tried to kill them after they were born and they just turned into our babies. Sorry to ramble on. I just can't think of anything but my kitty babies right now.
    OMG- that is every pet owners worst nightmare! I am so sorry it happened and sorry you had to find her. Hugs!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

pwry, you haven't posted. I hope you are doing okay.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    pwry, you haven't posted. I hope you are doing okay.
    Aww, how lovely are you to checki in?! Thank you. I have been lying low. It has been a bad week for pets, huh? To the sad stories here (my condolences on your cat!) to my friend who had her cat put down on Thursday, it seems there is a lot of loss and sadness in the air.

But I am surviving. Work is good for the soul! i hope you have a great day, CS. And thank you again! It means the world to me. xx

Glad you checked in, pwry. I hope you have a good day too, things WILL get better!!

OMG Orange how terrible! I'm so sorry for your furbaby. I hope she didn't suffer.

Silver Member

Orange, I am so sorry for your loss.

Orange, I am very sorry about Winnie too.
    What an odd situation with the construction worker, since you know he took him, did you confront him and did he refuse to give him back?

Thanks for the condolences everybody. I'm just appreciating my other kitties more and more now and loving on them extra.

I didn't confront the construction worker mainly because I'm a big fat chicken. The guy didn't look too rough or scary or anything, so I just hoped he was going to a good home. I did cry over losing him too though.

Ironically enough, a few months ago a solid black cat (like the one that was taken) started hanging around my cats. I know it wasn't him because a little marking, but it's so odd because the day we found Winnie, a solid gray cat (that looked just like Winnie) was hanging around the other cats. It was a boy cat though and my other boys didn't like it too much. There aren't really any other pets in the neighborhood though so it's really strange.

Here's a pic of all my babies when they were little, about a year and a half ago:

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Orange - each and every kitten is gorgeous. There was obviously a Siamese or other similar "pointed" breed down the line somewhere.

Silver Member

Hello all. I wanted to check in with my fellow animal lovers and those of us who suffered recent losses. I hope everyone is doing well. It is still hard, but what can we do?

Hi, pwry, glad you're doing okay. Things will get better, it will just take time.
    Orange, the kittens are beyond adorable!!

Cat lover/owner here. Thanks for loving a furball.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information